My newest project

Looks great so far, I’ve got a couple of suggestions. First is for the large semi-circles on the sides. When you have too many parts rotated that close together (looks like 5 or 10 degrees), you end up with a massive blob at the bottom middle, which doesn’t really look good.

Like this:

Summary

One way around this is to rotate at a larger angle, but that’s pretty boring and might not look very good, so another way is to split it up like this:

Summary

Not only does this fix the ugly blob, but it also looks a lot nicer, and allow you more space to add additional details, like windows and wrought iron-esque detailing and another nice smooth semi-circle at the bottom middle which leaves space for maybe some sort of symbol, window, or more details.

Also, I would try shifting some of the colors around by just a little bit, for example, the large black doors look nice, but it can be a little hard to differentiate the details when looking at it straight on, especially because its connected a black pillar which is the same color and material. So, I would maybe lighten the large backpiece by just a little bit, as well as the sides and maybe the handles, to help the details pop out. The same can be said for the large lamp posts. They look nice, but I couldn’t even tell the bottom piece wasn’t smooth until I really looked at it.
ex:

Summary

Finally, those benches look really nice, but boy would it be uncomfortable

Sorry for the long reply, it looks great so far, keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a few different things with the windows but personally I like the look of it now compared to anything else. A lot of the detail is kinda hard to see mainly because I haven’t finished up how I want the lighting. After I finish everything up a bit I’m going to work a lot on the lighting to where you can see all the parts in the doors, trusses, etc.

1 Like

Wow, that looks amazing at night.

1 Like

Damn, this is excellent. This would surely lag my pc out! Good job :smiley:

1 Like

Woah ! That’s really beautiful !! I mostly spend so much time on one little thing and never end up making something actually big . No words , got nothing to say bad about this , great job ! :+1:

1 Like

If this doesn’t show up as a Bloxy nomination that’s going to be disappointing, this is really cool

1 Like

Haha wouldnt that be nice right?

Best build i have ever seen! Its looks so realistic!

Good job, you spend a lot of time there!

2 Likes

Thanks. Definitely has taken awhile and I still got more to go but hopefully its worth it.

1 Like

Heres a little update so far

This is the other side to it. I want to finish up that main half circle and put in a big ole clock. The stairs lead up to the top there where ill put in some railings the will eventually lead to some catwalks about everything to give the upper half a little more detail. Theres some space to the left you can see but havent decided what to put there yet so ideas are welcome.

3 Likes

That’s a fact. It’s pretty brutal…