My ROBLOX Won't Run And Reinstall Doesn't Work

From 3 months ago, my roblox won’t launch for reasons I don’t know. Sometimes it opens, a process called roblox client is running but as a background process. Other times a Roblox Crash pops up with the message “An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!”. I’ve tried many solutions such as running it on different browsers, deleting the browser’s cache and try running it, running the built in app RobloxPlayerBeta.exe, etc. I gave up and use the microsoft store version ever since. Now that’s not the problem, since today, the microsoft store version starts to crash every time. It does launch and I got into the login screen but it inexplicably stop and just closes by itself. By then I try to use the web version again, but now I can’t even install the roblox app. Every time I run the roblox installer this happens:

A crash windows popped up with a message: (I can’t screenshot the error windows but here is what it says)
Roblox Installer: RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe - System Error
The system detected an overrun of stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

I also have this log from the RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe in case there might be something there to be analyzed.
2023-09-22T02:35:47.557Z
2023-09-22T02:35:47.006Z,0.006393,0e2c,6,Info [FLog::DesktopInstaller] The installer reporter is initialized
2023-09-22T02:35:47.006Z,0.006492,0e2c,6,Info [FLog::DesktopInstaller] The command line: “C:\Users\USER\Documents\IDM Downloads\Programs\RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe”
2023-09-22T02:35:47.006Z,0.006600,0e2c,6 [FLog::Error] Failed to delete channel from ‘SOFTWARE\ROBLOX Corporation\Environments\RobloxPlayer\Channel’ for baseUrl ‘www.roblox.com
2023-09-22T02:35:47.006Z,0.006643,0e2c,6,Info [FLog::DesktopInstaller] Reporting Installer Start
2023-09-22T02:35:49.089Z,2.089230,0e2c,6,Critical [FLog::DesktopInstaller] C:\buildAgent\work\ci_deploy_ninja_boot-x86_git\Client\Installer\Windows\src\Dialog.cpp(292)\RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe!00F14CEF: (caller: 00F14481) FailFast(1) tid(e2c) 8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

Is there anyone that is experiencing the same thing or is it just me? If there are, have you guys found the solution to it? Please share it with me in this post, thank you.

5 Likes

Have you tried using other browsers other than Google? What about using the Roblox built in App, no browser necessary.

1 Like

I’ve tried to run it on Google and Microsoft Edge, I haven’t tried using the Roblox built in app since my roblox is not installed, and when I do try to install it, the error shown above pops up.

3 Likes

maybe one more browser you could try. But, yeah the odds of it working is very slim. Maybe try CCleaner Browser or duckduckgo.

Is your computer too old like its not Windows 10?

1 Like

Nope, my PC is windows 10, but I doubt using different browsers will do anything since it has something to do with the RobloxPlayerInstaller itself.

3 Likes

the worst solution would be to factory reset your computer, if you don’t have a lot of applications, it is a risk that could help replace your corrupted files that is causing the crash since it says “This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.”

But Idk, its a big risk, and it might just make you waste your time and lose your files.

1 Like

There’s no other way huh, yikes. I have plans to replace my 1 TB SSD to a 2 TB but I only gathered 25% of the money needed

3 Likes

Hello @LeonTKM!

Be sure to do this and let me know what happened!

Please ensure that all Roblox files in the AppData directory are removed. To do this:

Uninstall Roblox from your computer
Open the Command Prompt. You can open it by pressing Win+R > Type ““CMD”” > Press Enter.

Type in the following commands:

cd AppData\Local (then press enter)
rmdir /s Roblox (then press enter)
Enter ““y”” when asked to answer (then press enter)
Restart your computer
Reinstall Roblox

I hope I have helped!

Best,
Benjámin

5 Likes

thank you but I’ve seen your reply before in another post and it didn’t work sadly…

1 Like

Whoa okay actually 3rd time’s a charm and it actually worked, tysm.

3 Likes

I knew it. I hope I’ve helped! Have a good one!

2 Likes

can roblox also interfere with oculus now since i heard someone uninstalled it and it worked and i have oculus installed but i dont wanna uninstall it due to my kind of unpatience-ness when its about long time app installments its 4gb no joke so i dont uninstall it

1 Like

Oh god, it’s happening again, and your solution isn’t working anymore

1 Like

Hello there,

In order to provide you with the best possible assistance, please reply to this message with the answers to the below questions.

Questions About The Issue:
If the issue is in a specific experience or multiple ones?
When did this issue start occurring?
Are you getting any error messages? What exactly do they say?
Could you please provide us a screenshot of the issue?

If you are using a PC
What version of Windows OS are you using? (Type ““info”” in the search box on your taskbar, and then select System Information)
What web browser are using (Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge, etc.)?

Also, you need a little info about your internet connection’s download/upload speeds. This popular website can automatically gather this info for you.

Let me know what kind of results you are seeing. After running the test, you should see a ““Share this”” button. You can click this, copy the URL, and include it in your reply to this message so that we can directly read what the speed test website’s results were.

If you need help with something else, please let Roblox know.

1 Like

If the issue is in a specific experience or multiple ones?
It’s happening roblox-wide for me, whatever game I play it just won’t run, only due to the fact I turned on roblox’s camera and voice feature. I already tried enabling and disabling the feature when I still have roblox, but nothing works. I uninstalled the game and now I can’t install it.

When did this issue start occurring?
Like I said in the post, this happened for the past 2 months or so.

Are you getting any error messages? What exactly do they say?
I already gave the specific error messages on the posts.

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the issue?

Like I said the issue is not whether or not I can run roblox but installing it is not even feasible for me.

Btw, my internet info, shouldn’t be a problem since I’ve been having no problem playing roblox for a long time

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for writing back.

The source of this error is not Roblox, it has nothing to do with Roblox.

If you are facing this problem, try the solutions below and see if they help to solve the problem. Before you start, reinstall or restore the application causing the error and see if that helps.

1. Scan for malware/virus infection

Based on the error prompt shown above, Windows indicates that a certain application allows meddling with code (stack smashing) which allows injecting malicious code into your application (exploits, cheats, etc.). So, scanning for malware/virus with Windows Defender or any reputable third-party AV product is a logical step.

2. Scan for memory issues

If you added a new RAM stick, remove it and check if that is causing the error. If not, then you need to run a memory test. Windows will initiate checking for the abnormalities in RAM. If it finds any, you need to replace the affected RAM.

3. Troubleshoot in Clean Boot state

If you notice that Windows 10 isn’t operating properly, or if an official Windows 10 update won’t install properly, it’s always a good idea to check for any conflicts. By clean booting Windows, you should be able to root out the culprit and make necessary changes.

4. Perform System Restore

If you have exhausted the above solutions but the issue is still unresolved, you can try System Restore. The procedure will revert (without affecting your personal files) your Windows 11/10 system to an earlier point in time (you specify) prior to the start of the issue.

5. CONTACT MICROSOFT (very optional)

Please type Win+S and enter Feedback Hub.Click on “Feedback” and describe the problem in detail, provide your contact details and attach a screenshot.

I hope you are not using cheatware, as Roblox does not allow the use of third-party software to modify the client.

If you need help with something else, please let me know.

Best,
Benjámin

1 Like

vˇ FOLLOW-UP ˇv

Please try creating a new Windows account on your computer and let me know if your issue persists. Here are some Microsoft help articles on how to create a new user:

Windows 10/11

If your issue is resolved after creating one and using that instead, please also let me know the name of your previous Windows account.

If you need help with something else, please let me know.

1 Like

I had been experiencing this issue for the past 3 months and uninstalling Oculus worked…

1 Like

i dont know if this is the right solution but this is how i fixed it. you need to go in the files of roblox/roblox studio and open the launcher, let it run and it should work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.