My Second "GFX"

So, earlier I posted my 1st gfx here, and I got some feedback to use shadows etc, and this is the result of me taking those tips, I know it is a little choppy.

Please give me honest, constructive criticism so that I can work on x issues in my next “gfx”
DO NOT SAY IT IS AMAZING IF IT IS HORRIBLE, PLEASE!

7 Likes

It looks alright and youve done a good job seeming you’re doing that in an app. The cutout of the Roblox character is smooth however, seeming you can’t use blender would it be a good idea to get into digital art/drawing because a good piece of art can really beat an average gfx. (In my opinion)

1 Like

Alright, thank you, I’m thinking that I’ll rotate his horse or get a different camera angle of him on his horse to make the shadow fit the pose his horse is in better. Or just move the shadow forwards.

1 Like

It seems like you erased the background on the character making it look choppy. I would recommend using a render software like Blender or Cinema4D for a more smooth finish. Also, you should make the shadows a little darker. But overall it’s okay for your 2nd GFX.

As second gfx it is amazing i must say. although what you need to improve on is lighting. the sun is facing the opposite way like on the left and the lighting on the character hits on the right. and the shadows also need to be improved

2 Likes

I really recommend that you learn Blender for future GFXs. Blender is free, and has some very useful features that allow you to easily improve any scene. Plus, Blender isn’t just for renders, you can also create 3D models (cars, guns, ext) with it, so it is really worthwhile to learn.

The GFX could use some more realistic and less 2D trees. The trees look like some kind of png that you randomly grabbed online. Also I feel like this GFX would feel less empty if you had some clouds. Nice try for your 2nd GFX though.

1 Like

Yeah I got blender 2.79 and it won’t even take a OBJ file of the character. How am I gonna render then, is it because I don’t have blender 2.82?
I’m also trying to figure out how to work it but its so hard to understand…