My take on the Egg Hunt

EDIT: This post is already 3 years old and has recently resurfaced. The game is no longer being actively supported. Feedback is still appreciated, but I have no intention to actively fix any new issues!

Heyo,

I thought I’d make my own Egg Hunt this year. I’m proud with how it turned out. You can find it here: Egg Hunt! [UNOFFICIAL] - Roblox

There are 88 eggs to be collected. The eggs are spread across 5 areas and each area also includes a golden egg which requires you to do some kind of puzzle.

Issues I’m aware of:

• Really bad Z-fighting
  • Possible lag (the game is resource intensive)

If you find a bug, let me know! Other than that, enjoy hunting!
And for those who want to play but can’t, here, a few pictures to look at:

Oh also, shout-out to the cool people who helped me with the development.

46 Likes

Looks really cool but every time I try to play I get this

I love it!

The world is so much better than in the official hunt.

How is your connection? I think the game is loading a bit too slow.

:WaitForChild() helps with that issue for slow connections

My connection is fine, 5 Mb/s. Plenty to play other games. Apparently I get the curl error on every game, so I guess it’s just your PlayerGui error that’s breaking the whole game for me.

I’ve added a WaitForChild, you should be able to join newer servers now.

Interesting egg hunt. Would be neat to see it used as the official egg hunt next year maybe.

Pros:

• Stellar building
  • Awesome job on exterior lighting
  • Background music helped give the game personality
  • Tutorial was a nice idea for players new to ROBLOX egg hunts

Issues/etc:

• I fell into the lake at the camp and had a hard time getting out without resetting since the shore was a cliff and didn’t have a spot to easily crawl out of
  • Collapsed Cave was too bright for being a cave; the main cavern should have been darker with red glow, and the smaller rooms / tunnels should have been darker with sparse lights
  • The decorative hanging stuff in the city bothered me whenever I saw it because normally those are triangles whenever I see them instead of squares
  • Invisible walls; one of the main goals of the game was to explore, but having invisible walls (over plank walls in city and over the lower cliffs in the tutorial) kind of go against that
3 Likes

You did a nice job on this game. I :heart: the map design.

2 Likes

No offense to the official egg hunt, but why can’t we have an official hunt like this? Obviously, it might not be as detailed so it could run on mobile, but if you combined the quality of the map and interaction with NPC’s and had some of the interactive eggs like in the official egg hunt it would be amazing.

2 Likes

Naughty, naughty. It deserves 100% of the detail put into it and shouldn’t be held back by mobile and low-performance machines. Instead, at lower quality settings, the high-detail models should be swapped out for models that aren’t as taxing on performance. Very easy to do with FE.

6 Likes

It’s way too resource intensive for one thing.

On my older desktop that I was using, it doesn’t even want to run when everything is loaded up.

To bad this wasn’t the official egg hunt.

It looked really pretty but unfortunately I had to turn my graphics all the way down, even though I consider my machine to be pretty decent. I really prefer it when the eggs all do zany stuff though, otherwise it becomes very task like to collect them.

Words cannot explain how much i love this game.

The entire map is just perfect. One of the most astonishing maps i’ve seen to this very day on roblox. It’s smaller than the official 2016 map, but there is so much more to explore. Everything feels unique, and you can just see how much love and effort was poured into this.

Vote Zomebody for builder of Egg Hunt 2017.

10 Likes

Bought the shop items 3/4 through cuz I enjoyed it so much.

The unexpectedly big cave was my favourite part.

I mentioned this before on Twitter but I’ll go into a bit more depth here.

This beats the current (and all previous, combined) egg hunts. This is the first egg hunt that’s had me spend time actually searching around tight corners rather than giving me busy work by walking across the map from Point A to Point B. The level of polish (the lighting, especially) is definitely something that shows roblox’s true potential. I’d be ashamed to show one of my real life friends the current egg hunt. This on the other hand looks like it should be on a modern day GameCube. It’s cute and mini-gamey but has enough content and detail (where it needs it) to retain someone’s attention.

Super gorgeous! I totally stole your brick walls. Too awesome.

Super cool! Please share your lighting settings, they make all the difference in your level to me. Would be really interesting to see how you made it work.

From “What are you working on currently?”;

2 Likes