My take on the Egg Hunt

Words cannot explain how much i love this game.

The entire map is just perfect. One of the most astonishing maps i’ve seen to this very day on roblox. It’s smaller than the official 2016 map, but there is so much more to explore. Everything feels unique, and you can just see how much love and effort was poured into this.

Vote Zomebody for builder of Egg Hunt 2017.

10 Likes

Bought the shop items 3/4 through cuz I enjoyed it so much.

The unexpectedly big cave was my favourite part.

I mentioned this before on Twitter but I’ll go into a bit more depth here.

This beats the current (and all previous, combined) egg hunts. This is the first egg hunt that’s had me spend time actually searching around tight corners rather than giving me busy work by walking across the map from Point A to Point B. The level of polish (the lighting, especially) is definitely something that shows roblox’s true potential. I’d be ashamed to show one of my real life friends the current egg hunt. This on the other hand looks like it should be on a modern day GameCube. It’s cute and mini-gamey but has enough content and detail (where it needs it) to retain someone’s attention.

Super gorgeous! I totally stole your brick walls. Too awesome.

Super cool! Please share your lighting settings, they make all the difference in your level to me. Would be really interesting to see how you made it work.

From “What are you working on currently?”;

2 Likes

I don’t know what I expected, I couldn’t make it through the tutorial because the first few chatboxes took a total of 3 minutes to get through (each letter being typed out slowly)

How do you make that sort of terrain quickly? I don’t believe that you would use Roblox Studio’s tools to do that
Is there a quick an easy way/ plugin?

This is how next year’s egg hunt should be.

I made my own building set for the terrain. I got one for the ruins as well.

1 Like

The slopes/ uneven terrain though?

I don’t remember having any slopes in the map. Mind showing a picture? Though for the hills I just stacked these walls on top of each other.

https://devforum.roblox.com/uploads/default/original/3X/5/3/53dd44d201976bb69ef8911391bf3db0ae9081c8.png

Ah yes, for that area I used regular parts and connected them with Stravant’s GapFill plugin. So for the slopes I used parts, angled them and positioned them in such a way that when I connected them, it’d look like a slope.

2 Likes

Zomebody, my friend, what are you up to this time? :uhh:

https://gyazo.com/be9e7c3993ad515aef4fafcf3457a91e.png

1 Like

In other news, the game should work again!

2 Likes

Are you hoping to use this in any way? Release it as an unofficial hunt? I believe from now the egg hunt is between games instead of open worlds, but they require HUBs for it.

First let me say I think you’re work on this is amazing, the overall feel is really nice! I did want to provide some feedback on how I think you could greatly improve the game though!

1. To me, things felt a bit… generic. With different eggs just being colored, no way to see my collected eggs just a number to represent them, many of the hiding places followed the same tropes (behind boxes… lots of behind boxes), and the golden eggs not even being displayed as a seperate check in my basket I felt no sense of reward for collecting eggs.
  2. An easy fix: per area music. I personally run into problems like this constantly because I don’t make music myself, haha. It’s a simple change that if you have the time to make would give the world so much more character.
  3. The world feels frozen in time. Outside of the Golden Eggs, nothing ever seemed to move… Adding some animations to the NPCs when you are near them, animations when near certain objects that just give them some motion. These things could make the world feel alive!
  4. A way to show off your collection! Players like to brag more than just a badge. Being able to show off in game that they have collected a ton of eggs is a big deal.

Again, loved the game. The aesthetic, the polish. Really overall beautiful.

1 Like

Looks egg-tastic, however you may want to change up the description.

I’m 13+ but yet can see tags. Is this meant to happen?

1 Like

Pretty neat!
Also just so you know, when you die all of the GUIs vanish from your screen except for the leaderboard and the top bar

Thank you for the report! I quickly tried looking into it just now, but I have yet to find the cause. Given that the game is already 3(!) years old, things have changed and I have forgotten how certain features were implemented. I will take another look this weekend, but I might just let it slip due to the game’s age and its low popularity.

2 Likes