Need help aligning the crosshair

Hello!
I am currently working on my FPS game. I am using the FE gun kit model by bluric_64bit (old version), and I need help positioning the aim (when rightclicked). I have customized the model to my choices, and I have tweaked with the offset (module script) and aimOffset (module script) inside my viewmodel.

Script of the offset (module script):

return CFrame.new(0.85, 0, 0.3)

Script of the aimOffset (module script):

return CFrame.new(0.85, 0, 0.3) * CFrame.Angles(0,math.rad(-2),0)

Picture of the current output:

Expected output:
The white dot (crosshair) is supposed to be aligned with the aim point.

Any help would be appreciated!! (Excuse me, if I am bad at explaining).

4 Likes

Is that crosshair a GuiObject? Set its anchor point to (0.5, 0.5).

2 Likes

Ok, I will try that, and I will get back to you.

2 Likes

It already is set to (0.5, 0.5)

2 Likes

Bro rickrolls are getting old…

2 Likes

Is there any other ideas?? I think we should change something in the scripts or smth

2 Likes

Where is the crosshair???

1 Like

You can change the position of the crosshair since from what I see from the gun, it’s not aligned to the centre. Meanwhile, the crosshair is in the middle.

What do you mean by that? Can you explain more??

Yes, exactly that’s my problem. Let me change the positon of it

I see it now, i think it’d be better changing the gun position not the crosshair if it’s in the centre.

Ok, thanks for the tip. I will try it out

Correct me if I’m wrong since I am not good with CFrames and things. But, you will need to change the position with the AnchorPoint.

CFrames are only used in 3d geometry though?

I actually think I would have to change the gun’s postion, because it seems like the cross hair is aligned in the centre.

Yeah, either the gun or the crosshair. It would be better to change the gun’s position if that is possible.

I am tweaking with the offset script (module script inside the viewmodel). Hopefully it works. Anyways I appreciate you all for the quick response and the help!!

1 Like

I kinda tried everything. I changed the positon of the gun, still dind’t work. and I also changed the position of the crosshair. Any ideas??

I am not familiar with the script, can you post a link to the script you are using?
I am assuming the gun is a 3d model? and you want it to look as though it is pointing to the middle of the screen?

Yes, I want the crosshair aligned (when right-clicked)with the aimpoint in the viewmodel.
Here’s the file:
Baseplate.rbxl (1.1 MB)