Need help making a Name Tag Customizer

I would like to have a working nametag customiser that is able to change the color of a player’s custom name tag that’s on anybody’s head

I’ve been trying to code a name tag text color along that saves as well. I’ve been trying to code it but i’m not that experienced as I’m more of a gfx artist.

I’ve tried coding it myself. I couldn’t do it as i’m not that experienced with datastores. I’ve tried too look it up on the developer forum as well but I could not find anything.

I have a script that adds a billboard gui called OverheadGui to the players head, inside it has a text label called DisplayName. Ex to find it would be game.Workspace.KasimAkr.Head.OverheadGui.DisplayName
It works perfectly but I would like to add a gui where a person can customise the DisplayName color (TextColor basically) and have it save. I’m unsure on how to accomplish this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

First of all.

Do not do game.Workspace.KasimAkr.Head.OverheadGui.DisplayName instead do game.Players["PlayerName"].Character.Head.OverheadGui.DisplayName

Second:
Do you have designated colors that people can select or basically someone can choose any color they desire?

2 Likes

I have designated colors inside the frame

Do you have any sort of script or are your starting from scratch?

I have a script that adds the billboard gui and the text label but other than that I am starting from scratch.

In this case, because he would be using a RemoteEvent as well, so it’s just plr.Character, another thing, YOU CAN’T PASS COLOR3 values through remote events. You need to serialize them, make them a table or so.

So I’m assuming your customising the colors from a GUI, so.

You need to create a LocalScript inside each of the buttons or you can use a for i,v in pairs to get all the buttons. You then need to use a remote event to send the color of the button (assuming your displaying the colors on the button). You then need to have a server script that changes the BillboardGui Text Color.

How would I accomplish that? I have practically no experience with tables as i’m more of a beginner scripter.

How do I make it save using that plan?

This should help:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve found this on the devform while researching and it seems like it works: RP Nametag Review

I would like to know how to be able to make an localscript to communicate with the server script it has.

Remote, Events and Functions.

1 Like

Are you sure that Color3’s can’t be passed through remote events? It worked the last time I tried it (maybe I’m wrong)

I’m at least pretty sure you can’t;

(on datastores am SURE lol)

I just tested it, Color3’s can go through remote events.

2 Likes

I’ve tested it and it works. Color3’s can go through remote events.