Need help on making a Cooking System

I’m pretty new to scripting and I want to make a Cooking System. I have made the GUIs, and I need help getting started with the scripts for the system.

When you press make I want the GUI to close and open up the GUI below

The GUI will tell you what food you are making instead of “[NAME]” and there should be as many ingridients as the food you’re making needs.

The ingridients will be located in other GUI’s or proximity prompts. So when you take an ingridient the ingridient count changes.

I have looked for some solutions on the DevForum, but it wasn’t similar.

7 Likes

I don’t know how to create a cooking system but I noticed you wrote ingridients instead of ingredients

2 Likes

Oh, english isn’t my first language and I always spelled ingredients like that lol

4 Likes

You would have to add a button check when the button is pressed and then open the gui, I can’t make the script currently i’m not at the computer sorry

So basically, when you press “Make”, the script will check if you press it and then open the ingredients gui?

hey hjalle are you making all the script in once?

You can use remote event inside of the text label that show the ingredient that you gonna cook

1 Like

Hi! I don’t really know how I am going to make the script, but do I need to make a seperate script for every recipe?

you can do it if you think is better

yeah I will probably do that
but when they got all the ingridients, i want them to go to a stove and press cook with a proximityprompt and then the finished food will go in their inv

wow proximity prompt, soo i cant doo if proximity prompt but i just gonna write a exemple here, sorry for bad english

Hey sorry but i can’t find any way to make it, i think some one gonna come to help you, sorry :frowning_face:

It’s okay! Thank you anyways :smiley:

So I think, you will need to use module scripts, to store ingredients and recipes.

recipes = {
    ["Miso Soup"] = {
        -- some like settings parameters or etc (if you want)
        Satiety = 60; -- For example
        Ingredients = {
          "Water";
          "Dashi Granules";
          "Miso Paste";
          "Tofu";
          "Green Onions"
        }
    };

["Egg Rolls"] = {
        Satiety = 30; -- Again for example
        Ingredients = {
          "Ground Pork";
          "Ground Ginger";
          "Garlic Powder";
          "Cabbage";
          "Carrots";
          "Flour";
          "Water";
          "Egg Roll Wrappers"
        }
    };
}
return recipes

Just get each ingredient with current recipe, and using for index, value in ipairs loop, clone template (or what you’re using idk) change text for text label, to ingredients from list (inside your recipe list GUI).

3 Likes

Can you show the Explorer of the GUI?

I personally had a good kick out of that, entire conversation, lol :rofl:

Sure

Where do I put the module script?

you can put inside of the script

Also, when you have all of the ingridients for the selected food, is it possible to make a proximity prompt that cooks it and then the food goes into the invetory?