Need help with the lighting!

Hello!
I’m Not_Recognized and i created this topic to ask for help. As you can see by this screenshot, i’m trying to make a realistic map but i’m missing some little details.

How can i make it so you can see the path of the light? like those lights in the background?

I’m truly sorry if i posted on the wrong part of the forum… I’m pretty new as a devforum member. Also, i apologies for my lack in grammar :frowning: My mother tongue is french and i’m aware that i might not be the best in english. I’m doing my best to improve though!

8 Likes

Its fine we all are sometimes you are on the right section on developer fourms the outside lighting maybe improve that to dark?

1 Like

The lights in the background have beam emitters under them - try searching “spotlight” or “light beam” in the toolbox

1 Like

What you’ve going is amazing so far. To get local lights just insert a light into a brick.

Yeah, you can inset lights as objects. Simply:

• Right click an object in explorer
  • Select “Insert Object”
  • Search “Light”
  • Then select one of the three light choices.

From there on out, just adjust the settings until you’re happy, and continue making more by duplicating the parent.

There’s a video on lighting, global and local, but:

He:

• Skips over many essential features.
  • Doesn’t know what he’s doing most of the time.
  • Sometimes he doesn’t even know what certain settings do.

But for absolute basics, watch his video with a pinch of salt.

Skip to 9:11 to avoid getting a headache.

Good luck. Hopefully this helped you.

2 Likes

What if i want to do it myself? Any tutorials?

1 Like

Thank you but that’s not what i’m looking for. I already know how to do that… What i meant is like a beam coming out as a light path. Not sure how it’s called

1 Like

Sorry, what’s a light path? I’m sort of confused. If you want the obvious cone shape to be more obvious than it already is, then:

• Make a cone mesh
  • Place it under the light
  • Make it slightly transparent
  • Turn CanCollide off

Does this help you? You can try to type it in French if it would help.

1 Like

That gives an odd look to it, I believe he wants the fade/realistic type of one, the solution @xiayurei suggested will work the best in this case.

And if you need to:

2 Likes

It would’ve helped me but I don’t really like that idea. Already tried and it looks awful ;/

1 Like

Yes that’s what I’m looking for but i want to be able to do it myself! Just so i can improve my skills if you know what i mean… do you know any tutorials?

1 Like

There’s this post within the topic:

Try that.

2 Likes