Needing ideas or help for a Roblox Akinator game [rokinator]

Hello!

edit: alpha release: Rokinator [alpha] - Akinator in ROBLOX (Make him guess anything!)

Hello!

I’ve been working on a project that lets you play Akinator on Roblox!

Screenshots:
image image

Though, note things while testing:

• This is a proof of concept
  • The server running the game is hosted on my machine temporarily at the moment, so answers can be slow - which can also mean as soon as my computer is offline, the game server is too
  • It uses the Akinator API so yes, you can get the same answers as you could get on the website
  • The place will be set back to Private very likely in the next hours or days (Note: Thread is posted on 20th of October)

And I had ideas of adding:

• An akinator (inspired) character at the left part of the screen having animations depending on its confidence (like in the real akinator game)
  • Badges for achievements or stuff to do to have fun
  • Player statistics
  • Menu
  • Live moderation tools/alerts
  • Dedicated server hosting (for the backend)

Though I suck at making animations, characters and UI design…
Do you have any ideas on how I can make this better?

Let me know too if you can help! It will be credited and very much appreciated.

: Rokinator [alpha] - Akinator in ROBLOX (Make him guess anything!)

I’ve been working on a project that lets you play Akinator on Roblox!

Screenshots:
image image

Though, note things while testing:

• This is a proof of concept
  • The server running the game is hosted on my machine temporarily at the moment, so answers can be slow - which can also mean as soon as my computer is offline, the game server is too
  • It uses the Akinator API so yes, you can get the same answers as you could get on the website
  • The place will be set back to Private very likely in the next hours or days (Note: Thread is posted on 20th of October)

And I had ideas of adding:

• An akinator (inspired) character at the left part of the screen having animations depending on its confidence (like in the real akinator game)
  • Badges for achievements or stuff to do to have fun
  • Player statistics
  • Menu
  • Live moderation tools/alerts
  • Dedicated server hosting (for the backend)

Though I suck at making animations, characters and UI design…
Do you have any ideas on how I can make this better?

Let me know too if you can help! It will be credited and very much appreciated.

1 Like

Oh I remember another topic about Rokinator. The most important point is of course, to add lot of things that Akinator/Rokinator can guess, and like in the real Akinator, people can add things. But beware of “strange” content, because on the real Akinator, lot of people add things about… Sex. And Roblox… Roblox won’t appreciate that there’s something about sex in a Roblox game. So you should create a filter or should check by yourself all suggestions (but it should be long if you get a lot of players).

1 Like

Already is filtered! The backend is programmed to have a really cool protection behind it so nobody can make requests except me, also, unsafe results are avoided by the api!

Oh it’s cool! I guess you spent lot of time on your game…

Also, logging results may be a cool idea but it would also mean extra requests, though since the backend is already doing the answers, the backend should log all of it instead of the roblox server side.

Do you and players really want logging though?

You can’t input answers other than those

I did… spend an entire day on it. But it was worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s like the real Akinator.

yes it is!
You can get the same answers that you can get on the website

1 Like

That’s something you MUST HAVE !!! When a player like a lot a game, his brain will say “BRO WE DON’T STOP PLAYING THIS GAME UNTIL WE GET ALL BADGES!!” lol :laughing: so he’ll continue to play untill he have all badges.

It sure is! Though I have on idea on how to make the images for it, I want to make a roblox akinator character but I have no knowledge on doing so. I would make renders on blender for icons and make icons for sure though :smiley:

1 Like

A things that lot of people do (even me sometimes when I’m bored about the make an image) is just to go on Google then type what you want as image then go on image andddd… You often find a good image.

alright, i think i will use a placeholder dummy for the genie for now, I will animate and do all the fancy stuff later on.

1 Like

For the moment, my comments were only what I know of your game from the topic. But I’ll try your game and tell you betters comments :slight_smile:

The server I was hosting on my pc is back up, it was down.

EDIT: The game is not available to play, i’m working on updates

1 Like