NeoHotbar | A modern, customizable hotbar for Roblox

You mean an inventory like in the vanilla Roblox backpack UI? No, not really. NeoHotbar is designed to improve the core hotbar experience and be otherwise unobtrusive.

Iā€™d recommend reducing the amount of tools the player has to worry about. Mobile users especially will appreciate the lack of clutter. You could also make an external inventory menu and integrate it with a NeoHotbar CustomButton. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, stacked tools isnā€™t planned. You should consider integrating quantities directly into the tools themselves.

If thereā€™s demand for it, I could update NeoHotbar to detect and show ToolTip changes when they happen. For things like ā€œ2 leftā€ when you use up one of your grenades for example.

There is high demand!
That would be cool, if it had a little box that showed quantity by the tool slotā€¦

You can try modify the backpack, since Robloxā€™s backpack system doesnā€™t have that mechanic.

v1.1.1 :sparkles:

• Redisplays ToolTip when changed (very useful for ammo, quantities, etc!)
  • Updated UI to better match new Roblox CoreGuis

1 Like

You could also add a cooldown thing where the hotbar button moves down a transparent white frame.

Good suggestion, but Iā€™m more focused on enhancing the core hotbar functionality than building out specific use-cases.

2 Likes

Why are there two posts about this?

You should add saving the order of the tools.

This feature is incompatible with NeoHotbarā€™s design, as there arenā€™t a set amount of tools you can have.

1 Like

Is there any way to disable the popup forcing the user to buy it randomly? It is scaring my players who do not know much about code and think they just got a glitched item which will get them banned, I have explained but you still shouldnā€™t force purchase popups in the middle of gameplay for my users.

1 Like

the only reason im not using it is THE FACT THAT IT RANDOMLY FORCES THE USER TO BUY IT. a very noice post :slight_smile:

There is no code within NeoHotbar that prompts users to make purchases. You can review the model and the source code on Github for keywords like ā€œMarketplaceServiceā€, ā€œPromptPurchaseā€, or ā€œ15617827028ā€ (its asset id) to confirm this. Iā€™d recommend checking your game for potentially unwanted code.

If youā€™re referring to the reviews on the NeoHotbar model, I was personally selling NeoHotbar within one of my games. But NeoHotbar itself does not attempt to make any sales to users.

1 Like

Please see the attached reply below:

1 Like

Thanks for repling! By the way, i was worried that people might not play my game, thanks for your response!

1 Like

Sorry, I confused this with another model, the model I was thinking of was heavily obscured.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m running into an issue using a custom hotbar customization which is the fact that it doesnā€™t enable the UI stroke on the tool when its equipped. I found out I could do :GetAttributeChangedSignal but I also realized the buttons ā€˜refreshā€™ when equipped so I cant turn the uistroke on a particular button on. What can I do?

Try hooking into :GetAttribute() when the button is initialized.

1 Like

How could I add hotbar tool order saving into this?

Youā€™d have to fork the system entirely, since NeoHotbar itself only supports tool reordering.

1 Like