New Animation Runtime Rollout - Upcoming Property Removal

I am very much not a fan of this update

6 Likes

Genuinely one of the worst changes so far. It broke around ~3000 animations in a game I work on, and there’s no clear instructions on how to actually fix it other than doing it all manually.

Really demotivating, stuff like this pushes developers away from the platforms, it would be fine if it was optional like before but no, of course it had to be forced.

22 Likes

This was a terrible idea, and has caused animations I’ve used for years without issue to no longer function properly, in spite of countless community members advising against this change.

If our input isn’t going to be taken into account, at least be transparent about that.

11 Likes

I understand that this update was intended to make strafing animations possible, but it should not override the Motor6D CFrame.

10 Likes

What is wrong with the Roblox Team, seriously, tell me, what made you think this is a good thing to FORCE upon people, now so much animations are broken for the game I’m working on

5 Likes

since the new animation runtime has been rolled out to live games recently, would there be any chance that the issue on “modified Motor6D CFrame not overriding animation” can be focused on fix as soon as possible? :raised_hands:

1 Like

It’s like what ItzFireable said, this change is one of the worst ones that roblox has implemented recently, whilst it may have improved performance, animations now look much worse as they forcibly blend with each other.
This should’ve been optional, or Roblox could’ve just created some sort of built-in function that would allow you to choose how much you’d like the animation to blend with other animations.

When Roblox implements changes like these without fully listening to the community, it cripples my motivation and I start to wonder whether it’s worth continuing with development or not.

13 Likes

This is not a good argument. Because of the nature of my game I would have to re-priorotize and re-upload roughly 591 seprate animations, and I simply do not have the time or energy to do that over simply flipping a workspace property to “disabled”

12 Likes

This is breaking so many games, including mine. There are no errors, but the blending looks awful. Why is roblox ignoring these complaints from so many people? And there no backwards compatibility, why?? No backwards compatibility for something that has been used for years, and by virtually every game with scripts on this platform? If roblox doesn’t revert this, it will be incredibly demotivating trying to fix my animation system, which is messy enough as it is. To be honest, I thought the blending looked interesting at first, but not being able to fix it is a pain, I can only make it look worse.

Again, why is there no backwards compatibility? Why remove the property permanently??
I don’t get it.

15 Likes

This update is extremely harmful to 90% of games, even roblox’s default anim packs are being blended incorrectly at lowered walkspeeds.

I have applied Roblox’s new weight method yet still my animations are completely broken from the update. The property that was removed entirely fixed it, however that is no longer an option. Why was this property removed? It’s not like it was costing studio to have this property.

6 Likes

Oh no, this ridiculous update broke so many people’s things! If only this could have been forseen.

6 Likes

this update sucks

please revert it

at least make priority an integer

8 Likes

Because on this platform we don’t get to say our voices. We never have gotten our voices heard, because they want Mobile devices to be the priority by breaking all the good games for money. :+1:

4 Likes

It would be cool if in the future Roblox avoids as many breaking changes such as this in the future.

9 Likes

I’m just going to quit making games if roblox don’t revert this disgusting update

5 Likes

You don’t have to re-upload them. If priority of animations is the problem, you can change it by code. You can also stop previously played animations by code so they won’t overlap. There are multiple ways you can go about it. If you never cared enough to implement a few lines of code to ‘fix’ the issue, i’m sorry, it’s not Roblox’ fault.

Wait what? Why for any reason would this be removed? I though backwards compatability was one of ROBLOX’s main weights when it comes to making big changes.

3 Likes

This causes more problems than it solves.
Please revert this change.

6 Likes

this would have been much better if it stayed as an opted-in property.

now almost all animations look wonky in my game & I have to go through the tedious process of going through every script that handles an animation. (if that even fixes it)

goodluck to other devs having to do the same thing. :face_exhaling:

4 Likes

This update is really bad now that it is forced

I am completely fine with the new behavior, I can use it the issue is that the devs really just thought of giving us 8 priorities for this, why not just use numbers for priorities and we can just make as many priorities as we need I dont understand why is this not a feature.

If you are asking why so many priorities it is because they made the awfull decition of make it so when you stop the previous animation track and play the new one it looks janky and awfull, The reason they made this like this is just beyond me it makes absolutely no sense as it is the logical way of doing it

And also being unable to turn the weight to 0 in case we want our anims to not blend.

Literally this update has so many weird things happening like sometimes my punch animation track trying to blend with itself or not playing fully despite me having stopped it before playing it again, or trying to play animations with no fade (because some games need to do this) not working or Adjusting the speed of the track doing nothing.

A good update implemented awfully.

4 Likes