New Asset Privacy and Permissions Features for Audio and Video

at the very least, short audios that are less than 6 seconds shouldn’t be prevented from being made public and there are still copyright checks in place, so it isn’t as if they magically disappear

1 Like

Completely agree with this one. Audios should be public by default when created, and it should be up to the (user) whether they’d like to have it be private. It’d solve a lot of problems

5 Likes

I noticed that they got rid of the “specific experiences” / “all experiences” bubbles, which seems to eliminate an entire step in making the audio free-to-take and searchable (now you only have to press the marketplace toggle, when it comes out again), but also eliminates the option of making it so although it can’t be searched for in the toolbox, anyone who has the asset ID can use the audio, which was the default behavior under the old settings before the new privacy system (not saying it should be the default behavior again obviously but it’d be nice for those who don’t want to whitelist experiences and users every time).

Then upload your own SFX. Music and SFX are under one Class ”Audio.” Why would you have 2 Classes which virtually do the same thing.

Music and SFX are audio. You know what I mean by “Public Audio.” BECAUSE Music is copyrighted, it has to effect SFX too, as bypassers could just upload Music to SFX.

The only part I disagree is the copyright checks. Using AI to handle copyright is risky, and then Roblox will get sued because of that. I do think 6> second audios should be toggable to be public, but it’s not a huge deal with the old audio still there and uploading your own audio.

I mean the current ones in place already, I never mentioned anything about AI

Wait, do you mean audios before or after the change?

1 Like

That was possible when audios were public…

I do agree with pubic 6> second audios though.

1 Like

After the change

characterlimit123456

1 Like

Roblox uses AI to moderate most of the things (chat, dev itmes, etc)

This include sounds

they do? i genuinely didn’t know that

Yeah, because millions of DAU, they use AI (excluding DevForum, Report, and Support moderation)

Wouldn’t exclude the last two from my experience :shushing_face:

2 Likes

I think for some (like swearing) where its very obvious, @system would do it.

Sounds like roblox fault for not DOING THEIR JOB!

Most of the original thread for that update was negative…

And now its lacking even more unless you want roblox made audio or audio uploaded by a company. The update would have been alot better if we could make sound effects that are 6 seconds long public…

1 Like

This is actually a valid argument, but full music isn’t really needed for anyone if literally anyone can go aheadand upload it for their own game.

They are but they arent at the same time, from my perspective as I deliver music for them. Last time it took them almost a month to check around 25 tracks, 3 staff members. So yea I can sadly agree to this too, as normally to check a song you maybe need 5 minutes each.

And most of the people are known bypassers.

damn.

characterlimit

Audio makers bro, not bypassers :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:.

1 Like

Not fully true. Do you know bot hours exist? Also mod hours exist. Try looking in the internet what that means.