New Asset Privacy and Permissions Features for Audio and Video

Bot moderates almost all of the time.

1 Like

Do they plan to re-add the already white-listed universes/experiences with access?
I had to actually enter the universe ID just for it to show the universe was already added instead of telling me beforehand like it used to.
It’s pretty annoying to have to check if multiple experiences have access to multiple new audios I’ve uploaded, since all of the work I’m doing is done in two different development games, and the final product is pushed to the official experience.

(This audio has 3 other experiences/universes added but they aren’t listed by default, I would have to enter their universe IDs just for it to tell me they’re already added)

1 Like

Tbh these are the same people just under different name.

Making audios or videos public is something I always missed. I would love to see that coming back, but other then that this feature really should get extended to animations, since they don’t have none of it.

1 Like

That’s nice . now i need friends to collaborate with them …

Although this doesn’t really help with making audios public, this does make it EXTREMELY easier for people to share their created audios with friends, hopefully next year we’ll actually get something better.

3 Likes

the whole format of audio not being made by public is just vile and just negatively impacts from most users not having ability to play music, i just don’t know why did they forgot the audio feature last year, it seems like we used to play more songs until they decided to remove the whole audio was not been inherently removing audios from public and making crappy apm music, most creators sunsetting boomboxes from games which is unable to play audios is way worse, like roblox should listen to these people, instead of not listening is just sad how impact the audio removal was took long enough in case wondering how much lost interest in apm music looks no choice of that was nothing more, just think before audio being privated and shouldn’t have worked years ago when their fun begins to play songs, not in by case of how impacted audio makers is making a sad reality.

I like to use sounds people make. Since I don’t think I can make a Super Hero High School game without others. How do you make sounds? Is it by a music producer beat software? I WANT TO KNOW

yeah i know, but i am btw an audio maker too, i didn’t hear from anyone calling audio makers a ‘bypassers’.

That’s a common term used for audio makers who “bypass” roblox’s restrictions e.g. uploading a distorted audio, audio with swears, etc.

2/3 points lets go!!!

I personally disagree as the privacy update received negative feedback from new devs as well as big devs (obviously bypassers were also mad but I don’t think that “most of the people are known bypassers”. I feel like this new update would be even better if we could share audio with people not on our friends list…

Most people I’ve saw crying about this update were 13-16 year old bypassers which now work using universe id bots.
Basically a bypasser uploads an audio to approved groups where api Discord bot via command (/verify id) adds universe id to games for e.g. Corrupted which is the most popular ToS breaking experience.

Still don’t get why the response to the update was negative if there was never need for public audio, sharing with non-friend users? I guess good idea.

1 Like

bro, these 13-16 year old bypassers literally make more work than your entire life. AND please stop calling AUDIO MAKERS a “bypassers”.

2 Likes

Probably because we were giving a super small time window to fix what we need and it also broke free models (Even some of Roblox’s own free models had broken sound lol.) I feel like it would have been alot less negative if we were given a proper heads up and not just a “hey so you have 1 week to do what you need for audio in your game”

1 Like

Yea ofc some 13-16 year olds made more work in AUDACITY than I did and still doing at my work…

This is valid terms for them bypassers

2 Likes

i didn’t say to split categories. I said that next to nobody cares about music as There’s plenty of good royalty free music, ppl want SFX. You can’t make SFX public and finding good ones isn’t as easy as you think, given that a lot of good SFX are in other games.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the problem, there is basically no good SFX sounds public, most of them are just published for one game using universe id access to hear it in only one game (or multiple games if gained access to multiple universe ids), and you can’t use this SFX in your game if you want to. Also try finding some good public music too, most of them, like you know, some sort of a “Chill” music, there is so many of them.

4 Likes

I wonder if 1st thing that I mentioned above will be added one day… (Not only in audio section.)

2 Likes

I hope Experience’s Assets Permissions will soon allow Models & Packages as valid Asset Types so I can finally share packages between my inventory and my group’s experiences.

1 Like

Great addition for collaborative projects with friends! I’m glad to know that more useful changes are on the way.

1 Like