New Avatar Tab in Studio

Great update to keep plugins tab cleaner!

3 Likes

How delightful! This definitely is justified, especially given recent and upcoming updates that have given us more possibilities with avatars.

3 Likes

Idea: Add the Avatar settings into this tab as well and remove it from game settings so we can force R6 on local game saves!

(Yes there are ways around this but still)

4 Likes

Developers can combine there plugins into a single toolbar which can help with organization but that is on the developer. For example, all my maintained plugins combine into a single toolbar. But Roblox should add a feature so we can set a image on these drop down menus, that would be much appreciated.

And if I am not mistaken what you have asked for is something that already happens when the plugins tab overflows off screen, at least a majority of my plugins with multiple buttons have already done this because I have so many enabled.

(Forgot to highlight Model Resize)

2 Likes

Happy that you had added this. It is hard for me to use the avatar plugins in the plugins tab. Happy with the update!

1 Like

This is truly amazing! I sincerely must say that with this new tab, more of us at Roblox Studio is going to have a better workflow in regard to creating and/or adjusting accessories and their positions, and creating animations while not needing to be confused to search for the tools in the Plugins tab.

However, one of the things that are good to take note of and question in advance is why there are two “Import 3D” options in Avatar and Home tab while we can have the possibility to import our meshes upon Asset Manager > Bulk import (as well as with the modes to transform the parts)?

Also, as an extra question, in regards to speaking of the Home tab, how come we have the option to insert a UI that just directs you to the UI tab while we can just simply add the frames and their types (VideoFrame, ImageLabel, etc.) by pressing the + in StarterGui located at Explorer?

I’m aware that toolbars collapse automatically based on window size. I’m requesting a feature where users can decide whether the toolbars are collapsed by default.

Nice update, just confused cuz some modelling tools are here.

WOOOOO THIS IS A GOOD UPDATE SO I CANT MESS WITH MY PLUGINS

The good news is that it won’t be complicated as there won’t be a lot of plugin space anymore! (ie avatar plugins animation plugins are moving to that part, I’m glad about that)

because you are either not selecting anything or you are selecting a non-imported model, there are two different errors and they are You need to select imported model and Incorrect object type. Please select imported model., if you dont find it, then go to the View Tab, then make sure the Output button is enabled, if you want to know that, then its next to Asset Mananger, you can test printing there as well, just enable the command bar as well, i dont know what does roblox mean by “imported model”,

I have a question, what do you mean by “imported model”

bruh i thought u guys removed it permanently! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

If you’re removing the Avatar Importer in favor of the new 3D Importer can we have the ability to archive the models it creates in our inventories each time you upload?

Should allow to new avatar in studio developers are setting up ?

After a lot of confusion of finding where the ‘Rig Builder’ or ‘Animation Editor’ etc.
This has made it easier to navigate them!
Thanks lol.

Finally!
I no longer have to go back and forth on the plugins tab to find these

with that, I want to give a resource suggestion, create the possibility of creating folders for plugins, where we can name them and add plugins, for example, create a terrain plugins folder, or a folder for animation plugins, and so on go

Noticed a bug in the new release,

Both Model and Avatar tabs have Snap to Grid, however they contain different values that do not update each other, but still update your actual Snap to Grid values.

Model tab:

2 Likes

I like it, but this seems like a more duct-tape solution then a final one. Are we ever going to be able to disable the default plugins, or group and organize community plugins?

1 Like

Looks Great!

One question though, When creating a plugin do you have to assign it to the avatar tab plugin section or will Roblox do it?