New Avatar Tab in Studio

Hi @Yawyawalpaca333, thank you for the feedback :slight_smile: For now, the avatar tab is reserved for Roblox-owned avatar plugins, and developers should continue using the Plugins ribbon tab to place their own plugins.

3 Likes

Oh thank god, finally. Long overdo, praise be this update!

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention, we will look into it!

1 Like

It is likely because you didn’t have any imported models selected before clicking on those buttons. These are meant to be one-click solutions for users that quickly want to convert their imported models to accessories without going through the more detailed steps of the Accessory Fitting Tool.

As these are still part of the beta, we have plans to improve communication on when cases where no/invalid selection occurs.

1 Like

Unioning more than around 10 parts that were added before this update is now something studio is refusing to do. Anyone else having this problem?

Good change for a more organized ribbon bar, although will there be a way to put in other plugins there? If I need to use Moon Animator and the Blender importer plugin, it would be much more practical to use those from the Avatar tab.

I’m having the same issue, though the error message is different.

That’s pretty useful my plugin tab gets quite full

i made back acc and copy->paste to dummy.
but dummy’s head moved
That acc is Back acc. not hat/hair.
is that bug? or my prob?
i use that new plugin.

1 Like

Thank God that Roblox is doing this.
This was my 2nd biggest design complaint about Studio.
Love you!

1 Like

Lang issue

1 Like

Thank you very much for doing this. It was really annoying me that my entire plugin tab was full because of the many Plugins are FORCE ENABLED. This cleans my plugin tab again and I can have more plugins enabled too. Thanks!

There seems to be an issue with the animation editor and it’s really annoying because it’s literally unopenable.

EDIT : Changing the studio language setting back to english fixed the issue so if anyone else is having troubles just do that

2 Likes

ok now disable animation weight blending

2 Likes

I also have experienced this before and addressed upon #bug-reports:

Yet, this is quite off-topic in regards of the new feature at Roblox Studio.

Missed one

2 Likes

This is an awesome feature! Roblox Studio is more organized now. Before, every time you wanted to open one of these plugins, you would have to scroll through the plugins tab to find it. Now, you can just go to the avatar tab, and bam! All the things you need, right in one neat little tidy spot!

Thank you, Roblox, for making the development process more organized.

This was already addressed by roblox

2 Likes

I do not think this was a needed update, its nice it is organizing in one tab but you could have the same ability by creating a button. The tab part is a gimmick

The animation editor broke because of that, when I click on the animation editor icon nothing happens.
I can’t even write a topic in bug reports.

Edit: someone said that changing the language back to English solves the problem.
Weirdly enough, alot of Roblox bugs I encounter are due to language set to French. Long ago the avatar editor doesn’t show me the full list of accessories I have in my inventory and tells me that something went wrong.
So yeah there is a special place in hell for French people and this place is called Roblox.

4 Likes