New Celery Detection [PATCHED]

1 month later isn’t a bit excessive to you? Personally I wouldn’t bump a thread after that 1 month treshold.

My point was that it still gives you the bytecode to run the script. Of course, it still obfuscates the code but saying that it “does not show bytecode” at all is a stretch.

1 month isn’t thst long I bumped stuff from years ago.

Exploiters do not have any ability to read the source of scripts. The most they can do about client-side scripts is decompile them (they’re sent to the Roblox client in bytecode form, so they have general information about the scripts stripped such as variable and function names) and it will pretty much make your obfuscation efforts useless. Obfuscation will just make your Lua harder to read for you, not for exploiters.

Obfuscation is only really necessary if you’re worried about someone ripping the entire game (which is a whole different topic; unrelated to exploits).

Exploits almost always have to inject some form of library (on Windows, at least) in order to access the game’s memory. Celery is an exploit that injects itself into the Microsoft Store version of Roblox for malicious use.

If you want to be so smart about it, the word “hack” is defined as (now, this isn’t word for word so bare with me) “gaining an entry point”. Exploits gain an entry into the Roblox client for the ability to do things you’re not permitted to do; such as run unauthorized Lua, etc. An exploit could be classified as a hack under these rules.

:nerd_face:

The definition of “hack” is approximately this: doing something unintended with an object which had another purpose. Ex: You lost your zipper and you replace it with a paperclip. That’s technically a hack.

to hack in a game = gain an unfair advantage.

To the people who didn’t understand my other reply here it is better explained:
Celery is an exploit for roblox that was made to access a higher level in execution (privileges). It wasn’t built to be undetected. I don’t consider it an exploit since it doesn’t have most/any functions from other executors. You have basically everything a localscript has but with higher privileges. It is only known for being the first exploit to support UWP version of roblox but it also has a history of being really unstable, the developper has also been accused of copying and pasting (again, I think)

“use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system”; my definition is a lot closer than yours.
According to this, hacking in a game would be more like obtaining illegal (as in not legal) access to do things in a game.

Celery is still an exploit, even if it doesn’t seem like it because it gives you access to do unauthorized actions within the Roblox client.

Also, didn’t you just practically out yourself as an exploiter while giving us your “knowledge” on Celery?

(This implies you’ve used it and/or other exploits :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:)

That is why:

Lots of people on the devforums own exploits for testing purposes. Byfron didn’t really have a super high effect on exploiters 24 hours after its release. So, we all have to find ways to “defend” our games from them. (Proof: this post exists and we are talking right now). However, you are right but I am here to give my opinion on this topic as much as you are.

Owning exploits for testing purposes doesn’t make it not against Roblox TOS.

Also, I stated that my definition was closer than yours because you made a definition without any guidance after I made mine.

Can confirm

1 Like