New Compliance Tool: Experience Questionnaire

Personally, I’d be against this since it opens the option for users to more easily discriminate against regions they do not like.

3 Likes

If you’d like to read the post first, it’s noted that it will be mandatory in the future.

3 Likes

Roblox has already confirmed that such a feature will eventually be placed in our hands, I’m just saying I look forward to that. Bad faith actors are not a sufficient justification against providing developers more control over their experiences, including how its played and who plays it. Each developer has their own respective reason for wanting to select what regions their experience is playable in.

Obviously discrimination is awful but there are other outweighing factors, including legal and gameplay, that make it reasonable to determine what regions can play your experience. Do keep in mind that many off-platform games already have region selectors or automatically shard players across different regions to keep people together even just to improve gameplay (people connected closer to the host region = better ping). Roblox handles this for us, but I’d like to be able to explicitly control this.

6 Likes

The questionnaire field and an expanded Analytics field causes the length of the menu to exceed the screen length on a 1920x1080 resolution screen causing a scroll bar to appear. Doesn’t affect functionality but it would be nice to have it fixed so it doesn’t look so ugly.

5 Likes

Yes, but what stops people from just answering no to everything? That would still require manual moderation on Roblox’s end for every experience that has it as a requirement.

2 Likes

Not just Roblox but you yourself might get in legal trouble if it’s discovered you aren’t following the policies. You’re putting yourself at risk & you only have yourself to blame. No one else are gonna care if you put yourself in that situation.

4 Likes

It shouldn’t be up to developers to sort these legal issues out. Just as GDPR request are sent to developers of all ages and skill levels that won’t or can’t act on the request, this is a nonissue to most of the community. The only people who are remotely close to needing this feature are the top 0.1% of developers who should already be using the PolicyService to begin with.

My argument is, what is the point of this feature if people can just answer falsely? There are no repercussions to doing that unless there is manual moderation to experiences that are required to answer. I would agree with this feature being useful only if there was a statement from Roblox saying that they will moderate bad actors. It doesn’t help those who are already following the rules and it doesn’t stop people from getting past them either. That is why I don’t see the point in this.

2 Likes

Does this mean that instead of opt in, we need to opt out of certain regions now? (Ex: china)

2 Likes

It says I’m not eligible to take the questionnaire???

2 Likes

To say you have no responsibility over following policies in your content is too far off of a mindset. You’re super fortunate to already have bunch of the legality stuff of your shoulders because of the platform you develop on. If you were making a game with Unity or something else, you wouldn’t have Roblox to hold your hand & everything is exactly on you & your team.

The only one you’re screwing over by answering falsely & being against policies you simply can’t change is yourself. What you do or don’t do is not on anyone else but yourself. Roblox is giving a tool to help you follow policies they can’t enforce without creating heavy barriers for what you can do with your content. Ignore it if you don’t need it, use it if you need it & be prepared for loss with ignorance.

6 Likes

The questionnaire is currently only available on experiences with over 100K visits.

2 Likes

hmm, what screen size do i got then?

1 Like

Not exactly sure why you keep replying to my argument as if I’m falsely answering the questionnaire? Seems a bit weird to word your responses so personally…

I’m simply asking what is the point of releasing this if it does nothing to stop bad actors and does nothing to help those who already have to use PolicyService. Making it required doesn’t do anything unless there is manual overview to check if said answers are correct. It just seems like an extra thing to throw onto the creator dashboard that does nothing.

What does adding this to the dashboard do that couldn’t already be done with PolicyService and moderation?

1 Like

is that really necessary to delete? I guess you can’t take any criticism lol

Well its still just rolling out so its starting of with games that got 100K+ Visits

[Edit]: Just Like Voice Chat did it started of with Top devs, admins and some star creators before it got released to everyone

1 Like

hm okay that makes sense then i guess

It’s appreciated that we get tools to legally allow our games to go out to larger audiences, although I feel there should be more benefits than a developer increasing their possible audience, Roblox should have some give and less take.

By “give and less take”, I mean when a developer (Likely young and less educated in such matters) puts their time into compliance compared to actual playable content, Roblox gets more than the developer by the increasing Roblox’s concurrent audience while making the developer spend time on something seemingly fruitless (Larger audience for a game brings more to Roblox than the dev).

I would say Roblox should give something to compliant users for spending time on this, whatever it may be. Of course, if your game is made in a way that causes moderation to your account for TOS or is banned everywhere, that’s debatable.

1 Like

Looks great! Why is it 100k+ only tho?

1 Like

press Windows + U , then go to System → Display and it will say.
looks like this

This should clear up the question.

3 Likes