New Compliance Tool: Experience Questionnaire

If there is no requirement to fill it in, I’ll save myself the eye strain of the forced dark theme of the creator dashboard site, thank you!

2 Likes

How does dark mode hurt your eyes compared to light mode?

1 Like

Amazing update! I’m also glad to see Roblox doing more incremental rollouts so if something is broken everyone doesn’t abuse it straight away.

Thanks for the amazing updates over the last few weeks @Roblox, keep it up!

3 Likes

The word “you” has another use case “one; anyone; people in general:”. Don’t take it directed, not my intention.

PolicyService doesn’t tell you what’s right/wrong in what situations or for which people in all situations. All it gives is a true/false based on a simple factor & it’s up to you to use it where it needs to be used. What if you don’t know when or where to use it? That’s the reason for the questionnaire, to help let people know if, when & where it needs to be used. PolicyService doesn’t answer that in itself.

The point is also not to stop bad actors, it’s to help people who wants to follow the policies & stay out of troubles. Bad actors would stay bad actors here & be punished accordingly. Making it required does do something, if you get caught in not following the policies you risk moderation and rightfully so.

5 Likes

What if I just don’t “Submit” it? Will there be legal action against me?

2 Likes

I find it harder to focus on the words with the balance - idk why, I’m aware it’s the less common way round - everyone has different eyes!

3 Likes

It’s a tool to help you, nothing more or less. They’re not gonna go after you. Just know that if it’s discovered that you don’t follow the policies in-game where they need to be followed (just like any other Roblox terms), you risk moderation action.

2 Likes

I really like this. This will lessen the burden on moderation. Additionally, makes it possible to put settings on-site that will allow people to completely opt out of games with loot boxes. I would be interested in that.

In many games are too much gamble for kids thats why this come and I am glad to see some progress with protecting kids

Not saying this could happen but what if young developers mistake it and assume their game gets automatically deleted or something if they fail? Shouldn’t you add a notice saying no changes will be made to your experience or something?

2 Likes

From my understanding, you answer the questions honestly and it automatically puts your game on a list? For example if you have tradeable paid items with no regard for policies, your game won’t be shown/playable(?) to those who are in a region where that’s prohibited?

What happens if someone doesn’t fill this form out? Will they automatically be hidden from these regions? If someone lies on their questions, will they be at risk of moderation?

1 Like

It has been like this for a couple of hours now https://cdn.eaksy.com/media/kEtNXm1SUw

1 Like

Hey robotyser, I just wanted to follow up and let you know we’re looking into this issue.

2 Likes

When it says, “it will not be available in certain regions after you click the submit button.”, what does that mean?

Are experiences that are not available in certain regions just hidden away from users or is there a message put at the Play button’s place telling the users that the game is not available in their region?

2 Likes

The questionnaire states ‘paid items’. Does this imply any item involving a transaction, regardless whether Robux is involved or not in any way?

If we look at the required ArePaidRandomItemsRestricted policy API, it describes ‘via in-experience currency or Robux’, implying it doesn’t matter whether Robux has been involved or not.

2 Likes

Hi MatkeFTW - Currently, if an experience is unavailable in a region due to compliance reasons, it is visible to players in the region but not playable. On the web, the Play button is replaced with a short message.

5 Likes

I feel like this is just a way to catch people out honestly

It’s like telling your friend “hey wanna touch those black lines? u go first” (overhead wires)

This is very useful for developers who are unsure about certain country policies without having to look into each country. I really hope this gets pushed out for everybody soon.

2 Likes

Did some of this update introduce a feature to prevent users from playing the game for a long time?

From December 2021, the “Game Addiction Prevention Warning” popped up on a trial basis, and I know that it was withdrawn after receiving criticism from many users. After that, the “warning window” began to appear forcibly from February 2022.

A warning message will appear on the screen to users who currently play Roblox for more than an hour in South Korea. This has been known to appear in adolescents.

fsffsafsafs

The “game addiction warning window” is an ineffective policy as it has no effect even with the research results.

Shouldn’t there at least be a choice? There should be a button in the settings to forcefully turn off the warning window.

Users who want some FPS or AFK status feel very inconvenient.

Of course, we know that this update protects the health and risk of users, but before implementing this update, shouldn’t we accept users’ votes and opinions?

4 Likes

Apparently it’s an actual law in China, where <18s can only play online games for up to an hour, but not sure if it’s a thing in South Korea.

2 Likes