Starting today, you will see a new font in Studio - say hello to Fira Mono! Fira Mono will be used as the default font for all code-related feature areas, starting with the Script Editor and Output Window.
A couple important points on this release:
- If you have set a custom default font, your choice will be preserved (i.e. nothing will change)
- The Script Editor and Output fonts can still be independently configured from Studio Settings
Fira Mono brings overall better readability and improved differentiation between similar characters, allowing you to more quickly scan and understand your codebase. Some specific examples:
- It has a heavier weight and is sans serif - makes text more readable and removes visual noise
- Periods, commas, colons, and semi-colons are more visually distinct
- Brackets, braces, and parentheses are more visually distinct
- The number 1 and capital I are more visually distinct, as are the number 0 and capital O
We hope you enjoy using Fira Mono.