New Default Code Font in Studio - Fira Mono

I am noticing the same thing. The output font is messed up, and does not look like the original. Either it’s a totally different font, broken, or I’m just seeing things.

5 Likes

completely unreadable at any pixel size below 8, which is the default. odd.

3 Likes

This dosn’t look right with me

It super big, it feels like most of the text is crowded, Is there any way I can fix it,
settings: Fira Mono 13pt, Bold

9 Likes

Change it to Courier New 10px.

1 Like

Could you list any specific reason? Looks fine to me.

3 Likes

It’s all opinionated, no-one is forcing you to like it.

8 Likes

This is going to be useful for those who follow YouTube scripting tutorials. Because sometimes the letters are not too edible and this font looks like it’s going to change that.

9 Likes

Yo I fixed it. You apparently have to change the property in both Studio (output) and Script Editor

EDIT: Resource with screenshots: How to change your programming font to normal

2 Likes

Why is it bad? It’s the only thing that has prevented me from having my eyes fall out

30 Likes

At least we have the potion to change this if we don’t like it, unlike any other update.

3 Likes

It looks a lot more clean and bright, nice update! :wink:

1 Like

Im not a big fan of this update, is there a way to change it back?

1 Like

I was kinda excited for this, but it was a severe disappointment. I’m not sure if it shows here how bad it looks on my monitor, but on a 1440p screen at 100% zoom, the text is nigh illegible. Each stroke seems to take up a single column/row of pixels and none of it is anti-aliased. Definitely going to have to find my own font.

9 Likes

Personally I like it, it looks a little derpy on my monitor but overall improves readability. I’m glad you give us the option to change it though

1 Like

I cannot wait to see people absolutely melting in anger for a subtle size change

6 Likes

Personally, I like using Courier new only because I am so used to using it and it looks more appealing to my eyes. One main reason why I did not like the new font was because of the dot inside of the zero’s, it is very distracting for me to look at especially since I am constantly dealing with CFrames so it could be hard to read from time to time, some of the other symbols I like such as the periods, commas, semicolons, and colons. Too bad we cant mix fonts!

2 Likes

Love it! Don’t like all the complaints around it in the past however. Like just change it back and be on with your day lmao

3 Likes

Just curious, what was the name of the previous default font?

1 Like

I personally prefer Courier New mostly by sheer virtue of: “It’s what I’ve been used to for years”, but I can certainly see the appeal this new font has.

My only gripe is that the font is not as sharp as I would like on my monitor (which is a 3440x1400 ultrawide), but it is not a big deal for me personally.

4 Likes

Can someone tell me what the original one was called so I can change it back?

1 Like