New Developer Console in Beta

In-game is fine, but I get this in the output every time I load a game in Studio:

Tested on empty baseplate. No plugins enabled and default flags…

2 Likes

A great upgrade to the developer console.

However, none of the elements are set to Modal to my knowledge, as the mouse is locked if you’re using it on a first person only game.

Other than that, it seems great!

Edit: Just realized my game’s Client Memory usage is 505 MB. Is this too high or is it average for a Roblox game? I’m nearing half a gig of usage here. A bit worried about that to be honest.

2 Likes

Amazing!

Been waiting for this! Didn’t really like the old dev console layout! Thank you!

I like the new features, but the design could really use some work. It doesn’t look very good. It lacks proper use of padding/spacing, and is generally inconsistent. Random guis use outlines, while others, like the tab bar, use a similar style to the escape menu.

I think the entire thing should use proper padding and a consistent similar style to the escape menu.
Then again, it’s just appearance, so it’s not very critical or important.

3 Likes

Doesn’t work in my games, unsure of why that is. I’m a beta tester too.

I mentioned this a little while ago in the thread:

Try in a place where you haven’t edited the chat.

2 Likes

I got this same error when I was using the mod manager. This also prevented the topbar from working. If you’re using the mod manager, try running studio without it.

1 Like

My friend who’s not in the BETA just tried this and he could bring it up?

Also, he’s only got 50 player servers, i’d look into this.

https://github.com/CloneTrooper1019/Roblox-Studio-Mod-Manager/issues/20 @Maximum_ADHD

this is a very pressing issue
i think the error colour needs to be more intrusive and bright red

as someone who is very well acquainted with errors id like to work with a better colour thank you

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure those are warnings, not errors.

No, they’re errors.

Yep, I was wrong. Warnings are now yellow. I like the extra icon warnings have to the left, something similar should be added for errors.

The new developer console looks really good and now the entire developer console codebase isn’t in one giant unmanageable script. This seems like a great improvement :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

I think by ‘out of beta’ it means making the new console the default. Beta features for beta users aren’t typically announced publicly like this, and I can’t personally think of any time they were.

1 Like

fixed

4 Likes

Great!

1 Like

This is absolutely gorgeous. Will we have to update anything that accesses the current Developer Console? I recently made this and it utilizes DeveloperConsoleVisible.

3 Likes