New "Docking" version doesn't regain focus in Script Editor

Reproduction Steps

Some bugs are being introduced in the new version that has been IMPOSED, with the new “Docking” option.
Now it’s something simple but annoying, like another previous bug I posted about losing focus when playing or stopping Studio.

1. Open the Script Editor
  2. Press “Ctrl+Tab” to go to the 3D viewport
  3. Press “Ctrl+Tab” again to go back to the script

Expected Behavior

Once it goes back to the script, the focus should be set inside the script (I could write, go to a line, etc), as always happened in previous versions

Actual Behavior

When returning to the script editor window, the focus is no longer being retrieved inside the text.

Workaround

I have to manually click the mouse inside any part of the script in order to regain focus.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-18 00:08:00 (-03:00)

3 Likes

I was able to reproduce this issue, but it doesn’t only happen with the script editor. It happens also with the UserInputService. When the window focus is selected, in first person, sometimes a dialog box pops up and the focus of the window is still there but UserInputService doesn’t register any input until you click the window again. This issue also happens when switching between a script and the viewport while in first person.

1 Like

THE NEW DOCKING SYSTEM WAS ROLLED BACK, so it looks like this has been resolved with today’s update.

Reproduction Steps

Again, Roblox imposed the Studio with the “Docking” version.
And again the bug below reoccurred:

Expected Behavior

Actual Behavior

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-28 00:09:00 (-03:00)

I figured out how to get the cursor back into focus in the editor script after pressing Ctrl+Tab:
After Ctrl+Tab displays the script, press Tab.
I’ll keep this topic open, as this wasn’t necessary before.

Hello, and thanks for the bug report!

We recently enabled a fix for this issue. Please let us know if you still aren’t regaining focus when Ctrl + Tab-ing into a script editor tab!

As for the similar issue of 3D view not regaining focus, we should have a fix for that enabled soon as well that is now fixed as well.

1 Like