New Font UI [Live]

I think what they could do, is have a set of whitelisted creators, and allow them to upload fonts that people could download. A bit like what you said, but it would allow a wide range of fonts. As you don’t need a million seperate fonts uploaded by a million different people, you can have 10-20 people upload those fonts.

7 Likes

How do I use the old Legacy font? It’s not showing up in the font menu anymore (not even “Arial (Legacy)”

1 Like

This is an amazing update, when I was looking for fonts I had to manual test them to see how it looks, now it’s easy. Amazing update! Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

amazing update!⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤

There’s a lot of copyright issues with this

The problem here is that the font itself is actually broken - it has the descender set to a reasonable value, but the ascender is mistakenly set to the cap height instead of what it should be.

It would be possible to fix this by manually tweaking the font metrics, but one problem is that this would then break every game using Bangers, as many games that use this font now have workarounds for the bad metrics.

4 Likes

@Abcreator Could we have a list of these fonts? Also, if a font fails to load, will it default to a font-file on the device instead or become invisible?

A web safe font will be loaded. This would most likely be Arial.

Thanks for the report, I’ll look into fixing it.

1 Like

uh yeah, what if they just add an another option on Marketplace “Fonts”… So devs won’t have to import yet having the options :thinking: like Google Fonts

1 Like

Such a quality of life improvement, thank you.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is such a great feature for developers for use. I can just see what the fonts look like instead of wasting time seeing which one I prefer. Hope this feature gets out of beta soon so that everyone can use this feature.

Looks nice, the old one looked lazily made.

The first good update in like 100 years

1 Like

Nice that we get a preview of the font before putting it in gui’s. Now we don’t need to enter each font type one by one to find out which one works best.

Speaking of fonts, what’s the latest on the font loading problems? Some fonts get replaced by the default at random

2 Likes

Bring back original Comic Sans pls :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

why does the script say executor? and doesn’t “syn” stand for the exploit Synapse? is that an exploit script?

1 Like

It clearly is. Not sure why did he post it on the Developer Forum.

That’s an amazing attribution, we all needed that!

This is actually amazing. Thanks to this update UI Designers can make ROBLOX games look even more cleaner, nicer, and overall amazing than they are. Now more creativity can be put into UI Designing and just making peoples lives easier. As much as I love this a suggestion I have is that to save you time adding fonts, you could give us the ability to insert fonts (like from websites such as dafont). This functionality is used in designing websites such as pixlr, photoshop, etc. I don’t know how this word work out in ROBLOX but on paper it sounds like a good idea in my opinion.

1 Like