New fonts are live!

Really the only issues for these new fonts are they’re not aligned properly. This messes up how the texts look in crammed guis, would there be a workaround for this?

3 Likes

Links to all the new fonts! (https://fonts.google.com)

Amatic SC
Bangers
Creepster
Denk One
Fondamento
Fredoka One
Grenze Gotisch
Indie Flower
Josefin Sans
Jura
Luckiest Guy
Merriweather
Michroma
Nunito
Oswald
Patrick Hand
Permanent Marker
Roboto
Roboto Condensed
Roboto Mono
Sarpanch
Special Elite
Titillium Web
Ubuntu

13 Likes

So, that’s 45 fonts in total. Is that right? Other than that, can’t wait to use these new fonts.

2 Likes

The small dropdown font chooser makes choosing fonts difficult due to the lack of preview, and the high amount of fonts now makes searching for a font a bit more tedious. Will we be seeing a new font searcher in the future, or are there no plans to modify the already existing dropdown bar?

3 Likes

only way to fix this is set line height to 2 and adjust position

They’ve expressed that they plans on improving this eventually.

9 Likes

What would be really cool is if we could upload our own fonts to the system. Similar to how we upload music or decals it can also be moderated. As a developer I could really benefit from this because I use my own fonts as decals.

Yes that is correct, rich text is live.

8 Likes

This could work, however some people could be pirating fonts which could run into some legal issues.

2 Likes

This is Awesome! (can we maybe get comic sans lol?)

1 Like

Is there a reason (besides licensing) that we we’re not allowed to upload custom fonts? I assume there’s some technical limitation hence you noted the following

1 Like

Safety (always top priority) and licensed content.

5 Likes

The forum took my rich text and well… turned it into rich text, despite my efforts lol. I fixed it, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Best developer community EVER.

6 Likes

Can you add more fonts such as ‘Anton’ or ‘Fredoka One’?

Saw this and finally allows me to make my game more immersive! Much less restrictive than before.

Fredoka One is already a Roblox font?

1 Like

Could we upload custom fonts on our textlabels? If so, that’d be cool!

Oop, sorry about that. Forgot about that.

Please fix the alignment issues with the new font and add a preview for the fonts, Roblox team.
Thanks for the update!

Wow finally new fonts! My favorite is The Luckiest Guy
Imagine use them on new bubble chat