New fonts are live!

I’m really glad that more fonts are added now.

I’d really like to hear more about the support for custom .ttf files. Working with specifically medieval fantasy or cyberpunk themes lately has meant I have no fonts to work with, which leads to uploading (free for commercial use) fonts myself in the form of meshes or decals. I’m definitely glad that there’s some news on this.

5 Likes

So excited to try out these new fonts! I wasn’t particularly satisfied with the font variety Studio originally had, so when I work up to see this announcement, I was ecstatic.

Like the others have stated, I do hope Roblox supports .ttf files in the future so we have the choice of importing the fonts we have already installed into our devices. Hopefully something like that gets announced in the next year.

3 Likes

I’m probably the most excited for Luckiest Guy! I love the new fonts!
The only issue would be the alignment issue. Mainly with Luckiest Guy.

10 Likes

The Luckiest Guy font looks great!

3 Likes

Nice! Creepster would be good for Halloween, although I would like to see the Nosifer font.

2 Likes

Can there be a search button? (Or is it already there) sometimes I would get lost finding it

2 Likes

I decided to check out RichText for the first time using the example in the announcement and was confused why it wasn’t working and figured out that it’s not formatted correctly.

• It doesn’t capitalize the name of the font Michroma.
  • It uses quotation marks not supported by RichText ( ) versus the working ( " )

So a working example would look like:

<font face="Michroma">This appears in Michroma font.</font>

11 Likes

Creepster looks like a great font to use when creating walls with words written in blood after like a murder scene. Should be used for creepy scenes too.

1 Like

This looks really awesome! After the bubble chat change, this made roblox even more better!

Also, made a quick game to test the new fonts. Check it out!

15 Likes

This seems great to me because I think that one of the previous problems of the developers was that there were not many fonts, so they made us use Specific fonts such as ** Arcade ** or Bold
I am very grateful for this change because this will allow us to have much more Modern and Elegant Designs. :grinning:

1 Like

Hmm. What about adding a system where UGC creators (or other approved curators) can upload ttf files. I can see issues with any user being able to upload them but I think it would be pretty cool if that was a possibility

2 Likes

Why would UGC creators only be able to upload fonts? They would still have to be moderated so it doesn’t make sense for only UGC creators to be able to upload.

2 Likes

Just a thought for maybe the first month while they iron out moderation. I can see a lot of issues arising. I think really roblox should just integrate with google fonts. That would be the best option with the least moderation cause lets be honest, Roblox moderation sucks

2 Likes

Finally! The variety we needed, and I absolutely love it. :coefficients: :heart:
I can’t wait to see more great updates being released this year!! :eyes:

Let’s just hope that none of these fonts will get overused.

2 Likes

Wow, love the new ideas. I believe this came from topics made by people who wanted the fonts to show like this, glad to know yall listen to the community. Keep up the great work Roblox!

Having consistent UI with fonts to match the games theme makes a huge impact on the type of experience players have. Great variety of fonts. Can’t wait to use them in my games.

3 Likes

This is Awesome! I’ve Been Waiting for a Update Like this For a Long time.

Is there any chance we could see the font styles in the drop-down menu at some point in the future, like with how Photoshop gives you a preview?

3 Likes

Really the only issues for these new fonts are they’re not aligned properly. This messes up how the texts look in crammed guis, would there be a workaround for this?

3 Likes

Links to all the new fonts! (https://fonts.google.com)

Amatic SC
Bangers
Creepster
Denk One
Fondamento
Fredoka One
Grenze Gotisch
Indie Flower
Josefin Sans
Jura
Luckiest Guy
Merriweather