New fonts are live!

@Rototally Do you have planned to add a font library?

1 Like

What do you mean by a font library?

1 Like

Great update, a much overdue change, but hey, thanks!

But when will we get our custom stroke thickness :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It is something really great, it will help devs to choose a lots more better fonts without having to upload a lots of decal and without worrying about those being not correctely uploaded.

Wow what a great update!

The ability to upload our own fonts or access the Google Fonts library would be greatly appreciated l.

We also need a better ‘font finder’

1 Like

You can use RichText to make the font bold or change the font size if you want…

1 Like

Whoa nice! There’s alot of popular fonts I see that are added. Will Gotham Bold be added (font used bu Roblox Buttons) :wink:

The Gotham Font Family is already on Roblox.

2 Likes

Updated to include a better chart of the fonts and some info on how the fonts are positioned vertically.

4 Likes

For more information on why this happens, please see the new info I added to the original post.

3 Likes

I included some new information in the original post to explain what is going on here.

3 Likes

Yes, a library (like models or meshes) where you can upload fonts that people can use

1 Like

Actually, I tried this from yesterday. This is probably the best feature so far, I really like the new sarpanch font. Also, I have a question that… Are there more upcoming new fonts to Roblox studio? I’m excited and waiting for my 2 favorite fonts, Russell Square, and Railway!

Although, this is still the best feature for Developer to use it for their game. :+1:

Fonts have copyright and licensing, so this is not accurate.

2 Likes

Here’s something to consider before making custom fonts a feature:
Let’s say that I modify an existing font so that each character code corresponds to the glyph respective to the character before it (i.e. g displays f, exclamation mark displays space). Now let’s say that I decide to implement that font into a user input form that gets filter by the server. Now let’s say that a user, knowing about the intentionally malformed font, decides to type in gvdl zpv as the input; TwoHat’s filtering system would probably do nothing if you’re over 13. Congratulations, you’ve spelt a swear word.

That’d be an interesting yet totally ineffective moderational loophole if I ever come to see it.

3 Likes

It would be even better if some of the fonts supported Asian Languages such as Bangla, Hindi, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Also for Turkic languages as well that use modified Cyrillic characters, such as Kazakh.

3 Likes

What if they use 3 blocks or 6 blocks to make certain shapes through a script? What if they code a string as string.char scattered all around the code? It is easier to notice a weird “gvdl zpv” string.

That does make sense; there are far more creative ways to approach this - exactly why I stated this loophole is ineffective.

2 Likes

Yeah I know. But they haven’t implemented anything for font strokes. But, it’ll probably come in the future.

Yes! We all wanted this so long! Luckiest Guy is the one I was waiting for, but all the others are also so cool!