New fonts are live!

I know that fonts can’t be moderated that well but there are so many amazing fonts out there!

We need a way to upload custom fonts maybe text recognition would be a good way to automatically review fonts?

I want a new pixelated font because arcade is kinda “fat” but some fonts might help me later :eyes:

Also one last suggestion might be a way to make bigger text borders that would be just amazing!

3 Likes

Not saying ROBLOX can’t do it, but I have never seen any type of AI that moderates fonts.

4 Likes

The leading on a lot of these fonts is seriously off, leading to alignment issues. The only thing that has changed between the following two pictures is the style of font used. The size, alignment and everything is the same.

It makes using them difficult as text size and locations needs to be set per font now and often won’t conform to standard placement of UI elements

26 Likes

Very interesting. Thank you for giving developers a more variety of fonts to use for their games! This will definitely be more beneficial in a variety of different ways.

3 Likes

Does this mean Rich Text is out of beta?

6 Likes

Nicee! However I was hoping for some more like handwriting. Will it ever be possible to download our own fonts?
Edit - I was asking for more clarity, and if this is even a possibility.

6 Likes

Wow! Yesterday I was making my game and I wanted more fonts to fit the game setting, and now we have these!

1 Like

Thank God we have this now, I am struggling just used to like a few fonts and now there are more then 30 Fonts i used to have to find fonts from websites and now i can just pick it in a text-type like object and select a font that matches my UI

Thanks alot for this Roblox

5 Likes

Perfect,more font. Im a UI design and this is perfect

4 Likes

Perfect timing for the halloween updates.

9 Likes

I am super excited about this! I complained years ago about how there was not a good selection and that it limited the possibilities in development. Thank you for finally releasing this feature!

5 Likes

Great! Not a big fan of any of these typographies, but this is a step closer to having Helvetica in Roblox or being able to upload our personal .woff files :joy:

3 Likes

See

and

It was already responded to.

5 Likes

Really nice addition, we’ve been missing out on more fonts for ages.

3 Likes

New fonts? Amazing, we can have more choices than before.

3 Likes

Awesome, love the new updates this year.
Would be great if Bubblegum was added as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is really cool I got tired of the same font being used in almost all games! It would be a dream come true if you were able to make a deal with Adobe fonts. One button click with adobe fonts and its instantly ready to use. Perhaps you could learn from the system they set up.

2 Likes

Looks like it! Rototally said that it’s in their plans

2 Likes

I was thinking though that since fonts are simply characters (letters and numbers) they would not meet the so called “threshold of originality” for protection. That is my interpretation of the law at least.

2 Likes

You could quite literally say the same for Audio, Image, Video, Meshes, and every other asset type on the platform and your point would hold the same weight.

I do, however, think that moderation is important to keep in mind. I think a good way for fonts to be moderated is to treat them like Image assets and simply render every character into the thumbnail.

7 Likes