New Game Sort: "Recommended For You"

Ooh, what about allowing the user to drag around the rows themselves?

13 Likes

While I understand Robloxā€™s efforts to bring us more personalized game sorts, none of them matched what I am looking towards on Roblox. I am looking towards an obby like Super Check Point Remastered, with secrets and power-ups that make the game interesting. Yet none of my recommended games remotely matched that from their titles/thumbnails.

2 Likes

This is great, but Iā€™m not a big fan of where it is.

I used to favorite games because I want to see them all the time, now theyā€™re somewhere down. Thatā€™s sad.

1 Like

What is the difference between ā€œRecommended For Youā€ and ā€œRecommendedā€? Also, none of the games I play are similar to the ones on my ā€œRecommended For Youā€ page. How does the system keep track of what I play and what gets on my ā€œRecommended for Youā€? Iā€™m kinda confused, and someone explain to me this? Thanks!

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming ā€œRecommended for Youā€ is based on the userā€™s game choice/activity. ā€œRecommendedā€ might be based on something the players exhibit they all share in common when playing that game, or some other factor.

3 Likes

It needs a lot of work.

3 Likes

I am going to review my recommendations:

Emergency Response: Yeah good recommendation, except Iā€™ve played this multiple times. I donā€™t need it recommended to me: :x:
Skyblox: Played for a few minutes, I was interested in continuing to play soā€¦ :white_check_mark:
Bleach: Soul of End: Iā€™ve played several Anime games and have left quickly. I am not a big Anime fan soā€¦ Not the game for me. :x:
Zeppelin War: It looks interesting, Iā€™d probably check it out. :white_check_mark:
Work at a Pizza Place: Once again, a game Iā€™ve played before, I want to find new games. :x:
Strucid: I play this game often. :x:
Notoriety: Looks interesting enough for me to check it out. :white_check_mark:
Ro-Force: Looks cool, Iā€™ll check it out. :white_check_mark:
Arsenal: Played it before once, but only for a minute. Iā€™ll let this pass, Iā€™d probably check it out further. :white_check_mark:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: I am a little surprised Roblox would recommend a game that may be infringing on copyright. Iā€™ve played this game before and have left quickly after not liking it. :x:
Wizard Tycoon: I donā€™t like tycoons. :x:
Boxing Club: It doesnā€™t look very appealing or professionally displayed, so I probably wouldnā€™t try it. Also, I am not much of a boxing fan. :x:
Murder Mystery 2: Played it before: :x:
Super Villain Tycoon: I donā€™t like tycoons. :x:
GON ENDEAVOR: Looks interesting, Iā€™d probably try it out. :white_check_mark:
Mortem Metallum: Looks interesting, Iā€™d probably try it out. :white_check_mark:
Castle Rock: The icon or the title donā€™t describe the game much, so I probably wouldnā€™t check it out. :x:
Lee Lineage: It doesnā€™t interest me. :x:
Mad City: Iā€™ve played it before and have left quickly. :x:

Overall, it needs some work. I am curious since this sort is new does it need time to gather more data on us?

11 Likes

Does the recommended for you sort includes games weā€™ve already/recently played, rated, or favourited?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve looked in this recommended page and actually most of the games there are games that Iā€™d actually check out. I hope this gets improved even more in the future!

It does, I can see some of my favorited games in there.

2 Likes

I like the idea but my recommended promotes all sorts of tycoons and games that donā€™t look like something I would play. Might need improvement :+1:

2 Likes

This update is really neat but odd at the same time.

I have no idea why do we have another recommended tab just for me.

At least I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Does this include games that are played by your friends? If so this would make a lot more sense.

3 Likes

Awesome!
Iā€™ve wanted personalized ads for a while
This is a lot less creepy!

thanks

2 Likes

I donā€™t think you should judge the system too harshly yet. Itā€™s relatively new, and will (hopefully) start providing better results once it is fleshed out.
edit: the sort seems to have poofed for now?

3 Likes

Will there be a way to, in the future, flag a game as ā€œDonā€™t recommendā€? I know that while it may take some time for any sort of algorithm to gather data using any updated parameters, perhaps having such a function would allow the sort to get more accurate more quickly.

Edit: I also donā€™t appreciate moving the Favorites bar to the bottom of the homepage. If it could swap places with the Recommended bar that would be great.

4 Likes

Not to mention the system itself probably hasnā€™t been tracking what type of games you play long enough to be able to determine accurate recommendations. I think the more you play specific games, the more likely it is to recommend similar games to you in the future. It wouldnā€™t be possible to predict the perfect recommendations straight away on release unless they were tracking that data long before.

2 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™m so glad that this is a new sort now. Iā€™ve always wanted to be able to play games recommended for me that arenā€™t always on the Popular sort every single day. Goodbye simulators!

1 Like

The sort seems to have disappeared most likely because theyā€™re updating it

3 Likes

I donā€™t think writing down the games you personally dislike or those you like in this topic will change anything. Nor do I think itā€™s relevant.
Iā€™m not a good programmer, but Iā€™d assume itā€™ll adapt itself to whatever you play starting from when they activated this feature (unless they already recorded earlier). Itā€™ll need time to do so, if that were the case, to analyse which games you open and play. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong! Haha

And if you want to share your personal thoughts on games, itā€™s best not to just say ā€œIā€™m not interested in ā€¦ā€ or ā€œIā€™m tired of ā€¦ā€, but fill it up with relevant statements why you think itā€™s not a fun game and elaborate on that thoroughly.

That being said, I do like this concept! I hope this will allow newer games to reach a broader audience while keeping the players entertained in their favourite genre(s). :slight_smile:

Edit: Just a suggestion: would it be an idea to filter out games that are already showing on the Home page and those which the player has favourited?

Otherwise itā€™s 1 or more spot(s) wasted to a game the player already knows.

7 Likes

Actually, it seems like the sort moved to the Home page rather than the Games page.

2 Likes