New game templates

Hey all! I think as a community we should all work together and create some new Game Templates to add to the existing ones on the Roblox Studio landing page. I believe if we did so and made a larger majority, more users would be interested in building from pre-made places and adapting to certain creations.
I also believe new developers would have a lot more new things to choose from, extending the amount of game types we see users creating.
Right now new users tend to jump straight into Obbys, Fighting games or Little RPG’s they have made. We could make this bigger.

Here’s a few ideas of some places we should make:
Themes:
Haunted House - a Dark themed place with the classic Haunted House by Roblox, but the game should be a little modernised.

Basic:
SmoothTerrain (New)
WedgeTerrain (Old)

Gameplay:
The Mad Bloxxer
Cops & Robbers
Role Playing (A city with hospitals etc and a KO system)
Mining (Smooth Terrain map with a gear (pickaxe) which allows people to sculpt into the terrain)
Paintball Brawl
Capture The Flag
Base Wars
Space Showdown
Medieval Melee
Build & Battle

What do you guys think?
Any ideas and suggestions to be added to the list?

I think this would be a great addition and really boost creativity on ROBLOX and the amount of new developers.

9 Likes

I’m very glad you brought this up as one of our current Studio projects is to expand our collection of templates. We have a couple that will launch fairly soon and hope to keep adding more. I’m very interested to hear the types of templates that you think would be useful.

5 Likes

Personally, I think there should be one that is purely for people too learn programming, like some scripts setup too provide demonstrations where they can edit those scripts

1 Like

Yeah like ROBLOX’s own Lua tutorial. Nice idea.

2 Likes

Yep – a lot of programs such as 3DS Max, Camtasia Studio, and Microsoft OneNote all have splash screens (like Studio) that also have a section for tutorials (sometimes called “Getting started”). It would be neat to have the same on ROBLOX and have a couple places to help you get started with scripting.

1 Like

I love the idea because more developers will be much need it and also players. People want original stuff and Keep going with this so have a good day

In 2054 we have GTA Template :skull:

Could user uploaded template become a thing, anyone can have a finished place, submit to a form, and it could become an actual template

2 Likes