New hair styles

I saw this post on Twitter by @x_o showing some awesome hair on a ROBLOX character’s head. I immediately thought that this would literally be the most awesome thing ever, if hair hats were looking more like it. More realistic, basically.

Could be a similar style, with less details than in the example image.

Disclaimer: I really like the looks of this

#EDIT:
This could be an alternative way of getting this result, having a way lower triangle count (posted by @x_o)

3 Likes

All the triangles \o/

8 Likes

Well worth it tho aye? :wink: Could be a similar style, with less details than in the example image.

i don’t think it’d match the style

besides, have you seen how low-res hat textures are to begin with?

5 Likes

Hmm, fair point ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You should be able to do something similar with a bunch of textured planes

not my image

dude I just want girl hair that doesn’t go through all of the hats I own

10 Likes

This could indeed be a great solution for that.

I have curly hair but not like afro hair, and there arent any of those styles on roblox. Would be cool! :^)

You mean these curls?

1 Like

That texture…

kermit depressed 1.jpg
NOPE I'm done.jpg

1 Like

Hell yeah

5496320 _abc8cf55e60c292c8fb448da1db1812e.png

7 Likes

I wish there was a way to be able to position your hats on your head, or resize them slightly just so they fit (as options on the avatar menu)

3 Likes

It’d be awesome to be able to select a primary, secondary, and tertiary hat and have it so that the meshes somehow have the respective priority, meaning the secondary and tertiary hats won’t show over the primary hats (so only sections of the hat where they don’t clash would show)

Of course, I know that’s not how it works and not very realistic either. Just saying it’d be cool.

1 Like

I have thought of these things before, too

1 Like

While I agree this would be super cool, the math required would be pretty crazy (and probably impossible?)

1 Like

Yep that’s why I said it’s not very realistic :stuck_out_tongue: just idle thoughts. For now, though, I’ll stick to just wearing outfits that I know work [pretty well]. I was really upset when I realized my favorite hat, Purple Indy, looked horrible with any kind of hair. It is no longer my favorite hat.

Really? Wouldn’t it just use the same code as bullet penetration in FPS shooters?

Yes and no.

You could totally just slice off the parts protruding past certain planes or colliding through “upper level” hats. But it would be very difficult to have that look any better than what we currently have.

Anyone is free to correct me. I may or may not know what I’m talking about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like