New In-Game Topbar

I really like the change! It looks more open and maybe won’t be a problem when you are making full screen GUIs.

3 Likes

Can we have the ability to click buttons placed by the developer in those 36px yet please?

It’s lovely having the extra space and being able to make our GUIs take a bit more visual priority, however it’s still fairly unusable space as far as interaction is concerned. Perhaps just the two corners could remain ‘unclickable’ now that the extra icons have been moved to a menu.

13 Likes

I honestly prefer the old topbar. This new one feels too empty, especially with the transparency, and I prefer the hamburger icon over the Roblox logo, which feels too large and obtrusive. Considering that this topbar is attempting to be lightweight, I don’t want an obtrusive Roblox logo in my face while I’m playing a game.

also new settings menu when?

8 Likes

Nice ui, clean, simple, and forward looking, the only problems are that A. the ui having no background means it’ll easily get lost in fog/skyboxes as they’re pretty bright and you wont be able to see it probably B. The roblox icon for the settings looks jarring, it’s already not a settings icon type thing but its also way too large compared to the other icons. :weary: That being said though, i like most of the changes. hopefully the toolbar and if not included the chat will be changed too. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Except now there’s a new watermark… a huge cheeze-it.

5 Likes

Developer UI in the Topbar Area that is not behind Roblox buttons will be clickable.

You can achieve the same effect by adding your own UI behind the Topbar.

20 Likes

Roblox: UI survey for UI designer

Roblox a few weeks later: Unbelievably bad update that triggers people’s OCD

Unable to relate.

Honestly, did you hire UI designers for the UI updates?

5 Likes

I do not like this new topbar. This one looks empty.

7 Likes

But is that really “Powering Imagination”? The idea of Roblox is to create what you want to create using Roblox Studio, but making UI elements forced and not editable by developers limits that. You should be able to edit the Roblox’s topbar to your liking, like the PlayerList.

2 Likes

Is there a way for developers to test the new topbar before it’s publicly released?

Some of us will need to modify our current topbars to work alongside these changes before they go live.

18 Likes

It looks nice but i will miss that grey bar in the top :frowning:

5 Likes

The top 36px of the screen is technically still reserved for Roblox UI. Not sure what you mean when you say we can edit the player list, outside of leaderstats we have literally 0 control.

(also, using Roblox’s slogan to defend every single argument we make is getting old; constructive points would be more helpful here!)

4 Likes

I like that this is changing, I don’t like what it’s changing into.
The Roblox logo doesn’t make sense, why wouldn’t you have the typical “hamburger” style, three-bar icon. I would think even a cog or gear for settings would make more sense. I also find the sizing off. The shadow for the Roblox logo doesn’t match the chat. To add to that, since there’s been a decision to remove the dark backdrop overlay the topbar had, It is very hard to see! If you’re in a bright environment then relying on the drop-shadow won’t help much. Especially on mobile. The three dots on the top right are also confusing. These two on the top left are filled in shapes, but this one is just an outline? If anything I think this is a mess of UI. I really hope this isn’t what you end up on. If I’d recommend anything Its just to stick with the old UI topbar and darken the back to match the new player list.

I made a mockup of a small change you could make to make the topbar match the new player list:
(Topbar is made darker to match player list color)

14 Likes

I disagree. You need the menu to be consistent on all games so that players in full screen mode don’t get effectively trapped in a game by developers. Likewise you don’t want shady devs putting purchase buttons hidden in the form of the menu button. There should always be unclickable space reserved for the Roblox menu.

8 Likes

You’ve got a point, putting a consistent menu prevents people doing “Pay 88 Robux to exit this game”. Still, there should be a hamburger icon instead of the Roblox logo.

4 Likes

I don’t usually say this but…
If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. :joy:

11 Likes

It looks great, but the hamburger icon would fit in alot better.

10 Likes

Looks really nice tbh! The design look great, modern .

3 Likes

You surely mean Premium, right?

8 Likes

The logo is a bit out, I don’t see the point of having that there.

1 Like