New In-Game Topbar

I’m guessing it’s like that because of phone screens with rounded corners.

3 Likes

Does using the {1,0}{1,0} UDim2 size cover up the whole screen now or do we still have to add a 36 pixels offset to cover the top bar?

2 Likes

This looks nice! Perhaps a GUI scale option would be useful?

4 Likes

Very cool! This could change up the whole gameplay, nice! In my opinion, the player list still doesn’t looks great because of the darker alphabets of the player’s names! If maybe change it in full white colour than it will look even cooler! By the way, the ROBLOX logo at the top left page I think you guys should give it a little animation when we press it like in the game’s loading page.

1 Like

Why not put all buttons on the left side of the screen. And/Or allow us to control locations of the buttons and also locations of each screen easily like the chat, leaderboard/playerlist, emotes and the backpack/inventory. So that it is full customization by the developer if needed. It would be nice to be able to control all this from a local script with just a few lines of code without forking the main scripts. As a bonus having the options to change colors of text and background for core UI would be nice also.

7 Likes

Great idea. I hope they add that.

2 Likes

Since the bar is gone, shouldn’t it be called “Barless Topbar”. Bad joke

Anyway, I have a few suggestions about the overall design though (based on the images)

1. The image notification is too big
  2. Let developers still enable the backpack and emotes icon beside the chat icon
  3. The roblox logo doesn’t fit well with the rest of the icons
  4. The positioning of the buttons are not really plesant

Questions

1. Will there be still some sort of bar to nest the buttons?
  2. Will the menu on the right be customizable?
  3. Will the age indicator come back?
16 Likes

Wow I really like this, but one thing the player list isn’t really going to fit.

1 Like

Can there be a function to get the topbar size, instead of having to manually tweak it?

2 Likes

I prefer the old one better.I think you guys can improve this feature with making some changes like adding bag back to where it is and possibly add a transparent part which is more modernized.

2 Likes

I like it, however I wish the buttons in the top left are added back. I also feel like the buttons need something to make them ‘pop’.

4 Likes

Wow! I think this will be a great update! There are so many games with GUI that go through the top bar in mobile, so mobile players will be able to experience games even better.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie but I greatly dislike the roblox logo put in there with a passion, the hamburger menu like before would be better in my opinion. The sizing of it is inconsistent with the other UI elements and sticks out like a sore thumb.

8 Likes

Any chance you could have an in-Studio button to revert the topbar (and PlayerList) to the older one? Next we know, you’ll be changing the chat :laughing:

2 Likes

i really like how it looks so far! my only problem with it is that the scaling with the icons can be pretty inconsistent. i feel like the chat, health and the new game context icon could be scaled up a bit in my opinion.

4 Likes

Thank you for your efforts in creating a fresh new design for the topbar ui. I think in this day and age, it is the step in the right direction. I would like to give constructive criticism by comparing the new ui with the current one we know and love.

Style
I’m all in on the transparent style with no bars whatsoever. I think it brings a lot more space to the game view and also opens more freedom for devs to personalise their ui further. However, the Roblox icon happens to be a bit larger than the rest of the buttons. This may be for the purpose of dominance in layout, but having a much flatter design like the current topbar makes it easier for devs to align their ui with the top buttons.

Accesibility
From what I see on the sneak peek, the buttons for leaderboards, emotes and backpack are all grouped into a single dropdown. This makes the topbar a lot tidier, but I believe there is a disadvantage in terms of speed. In this way, I would need 2 clicks to open my backpack instead of 1. The difference in milliseconds becomes a great deal if the player is in a battle. I would suggest the buttons would stay the same, since I don’t think it hogs the topbar too much.

I hope you’ll take my suggestions into consideration. I am excited for this facelift design and my arms are wide open for it. :+1::heart:

7 Likes

I actually like this new feature on Roblox, I can’t wait to see when the new In-Game topbar has come to release. :grin:

9 Likes

I like it a lot, it’s very slick and modern and matches wirh the other UI on screen much more!

8 Likes

The new design personally has both good stuff and bad stuff. I was waiting for a WHILE for the half-transparent top black bar to be removed, thankfully it got, which gives horror, adventure and a lot of other game’s the professional and modern way to be more realistic. Tho the icons seem like they are just standing there randomly and seem kinda big.

Either way that’s a very good update, thank you

3 Likes

i prefer the old topbar, this one looks empty without the transparent line on the top, even the leaderboard is pretty strange to get used to, can u please keep the current TopBar :frowning:

5 Likes