New In-Game Topbar

I have the same issue, when I tried turning my camera around it spun me 3 times. (I usually play with the lowest sensitivity [0.20016].)

I hope the old sensitivity options are added back.

1 Like

Just got the new top bar for me.

I’d say it’s okay but I would like the x button to be changed. It’s too high up and needs to be more rounded. I’ve also heard about several other issues with this new top bar among users, such as sensitivity, the transparency forcing people to update their menu’s/guis, the health bar is too small, etc.

I’d rate it a 6.5/10.

3 Likes

it was fine before. now it’s just not really tolerable

1 Like

Is .2 the lowest? because i usually have it at .15.

Correct! .2 was the oldest possible sensitivity.

Overall, the new topbar is a great step up from its predecessor! The interactive area gained from this update has especially been a huge help in setting up additional icons and toggles menus:

Improvements wise, it would certainly be nice to have the ability to at least hide the black squircle backgrounds of these core icons. This would give us the freedom to finally style the entirety of the topbar to our games desired theme.

There also appears to be a ‘death effect’ bug upon joining a game, and the core icons appear too early before the loading screen has faded:

16 Likes

Hey roblox can you add the SetTopbar because i don’t like when i add the scene things like a movie or something if you added i will be appreciated.

But TopBar is gone and it sad so i wish TopBar came back

1 Like

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but the topbar is off for iPhone XR. The player list on the side clips through the edge of the screen.

I also think the white logo is better than the current gradient one.

Oh this is my biggest struggle with this update; I’m basically fine with all the other changes that they’ve made.

I would hope that this may have just been a bug, as besides the sensitivity not properly changing/saving when a value under 1 is inputted, when you input something that is close to a whole number, it occasionally rounds up. This happens the first time I try to do something like 0.9 or 1.9, where it immediately goes up. The second/third time I try this, it doesn’t do that.

No that was not the lowest. I consistently used 0.065 while I played Arsenal.

5 Likes

This topbar looks rushed, I have broken my issues with it down into a list

As this post is about the topbar, not the escape menu, I have not included my thoughts on the escape menu

The weird clipping issue
The vast amounts of custom topbars right now rely on the older topbar. This change, while maintaining the 36 pixel, looks obviously forced.
As you can see with the current topbar, the buttons are clipping on the line.

The topbar itself is 36px high, but I get the feeling the buttons were designed for a higher Y value

Simply reducing the button size to 30px with a 3px padding (as seen here), which was the original value of the old buttons, would easily fix this issue

The buttons themselves

The logo has a gradient, why? Every other button in the topbar is a simple solid white colour, the key buttons are grey. It looks very messy from a graphic designer point of view

Adding on to that, why are we now forced to have a grey background on our buttons, wasn’t it easier if the button didn’t have a background, as it allowed US, the developer, to set it.

The pointless sub menu
Can someone tell me why the topbar needs a sub menu? This just feels like a waste of programming effort. It was much better when the Inventory and Emotes buttons were on the left, and I feel many users will remember them being there

Moving them to the submenu also violates many custom topbars that rely on them. ie: buttons being pushed out 200px for those buttons will now have 100px of whitespace and unfilled area.

The old system where we just clicked the name to hide the leaderboard or pushed tab, was a lot more intuitive than having to click 2 buttons, 1 click vs 2 Roblox, which is better UX?

On top of that, the sub menu moves extremely slow and feels clunky.

What happened to the username, the Account age and the healthbar?

As you can clearly see from this leaderboard, there is no indication of the user’s account age. Isn’t this violating the exact reason why roblox wanted it in games, so parents knew that kids were lying about their age.

What was the point of removing this important feature, that you Roblox, said yourself, you did not want to remove for this very reason.

Other misc issues:
Random warning in the console relating to the topbar

This, it looks horrible

The solution?
Let us create the topbar, I know you might not want to do that, but hear me out. The topbar is now it’s own ScreenGui, instead of being a frame inside RobloxGui

Don’t want people making the topbar so that it’s impossible to leave? Easy! Moderate anything that misuses this customisation. I’m sure it isn’t difficult to force moderation to look at a custom topbar if it finds a GuiElement named ‘Topbar’ in ReplicatedFirst (or really anywhere)

If Roblox is meant to be a platform where we can make anything we want, don’t you feel we should be allowed to modify your GUI elements aswell? We used to be able to replace every GUI element (excluding the escape menu and hamburger button), but now, you’ve made it so we have to use an, in my honest opinion, an ugly roblox button with a grey background

28 Likes

It’s suppose to be a new In-Game menu too but, only some users have it and that is why it is so bland.

1 Like

Why is the top bar menu icon the logo with the gradient? Better yet, why does the logo have a gradient at all in 2020? I thought we were done with that design trend.

4 Likes

This is actually a scaling bug they say they are working on it.

My question is how can a scaling bug cause that is what I’m thinking.
In all honesty, I really love the new menu icon, but when you click it it looks as if I inserted a textbutton and did nothing else. Regardless, it doesn’t change the fact that if it’s a scaling bug then they didn’t thoroughly test and ensure that the update looks good on all devices.

Roblox, although we appreciate the efforts to change and get better, it would really be nice if you can thoroughly test items before they go live please. Maybe ask your staff for advice as well.

2 Likes

I found this quite noticable bug that happens when the player is damaged after death.

I also feel that the icons should be properly in the corner on either side of the topbar as it looks rather inconsistent.

Why is the shaded Roblox logo being used instead of the solid white version?
(this version would look cleaner in the topbar since all of the other icons are just white without shading)

8 Likes

Do Beta Testers have a different GUI? Mine is a sidebar and it looks really good, While others have the old GUI and dont like it.

I figured out the problem. The update appears to exist and show perfectly when playing a game, but the old menu shows up and looks horrendus when testing it in studio. It’s a studio problem, more or less.

Also, for some reason I also get a take damage blood overlay before I load any game.

2 Likes

Hmm, that is odd. thank you though

1 Like

The health bar really needs to be increased, it feels like it’s becoming smaller with every gui update

2 Likes