New In-Game Topbar

its cool and all, but why have the ROBLOX logo in the top corner? it doesn’t really make much sense and at first glance doesn’t look like a button. I prefer the old hamburger menu icon. Can we have an option to use the old topbar as well? I really don’t like the look and feel of this new one, it looks too much like a mobile UI and its just empty without the grey area at the top.

To be honest most of the time I remove that greyed area anyway, but its weird to not have it at all

3 Likes

I haven’t loaded into the game yet, why do these icons appear prematurely?

It looks weird with Performance Stats on

I always have it on if you were wondering

6 Likes

The control key of changing Graphics Quality is buggy, the key only work once.
Normally if i keep press F10, it will increase from quality 1 to 10 (10 to 1 for Shift+F10)
For now, suppose my graphic quality is 1, if I keep pressing F10, it will just go up to quality 3.
Suppose my graphic quality is 10, if I keep pressing Shift+F10, it never go to 1.

Please fix this issue

2 Likes

I love it and appreciate how Roblox listened to our feedback

1 Like

I noticed this yesterday;

Seemed to be printing on every test.

6 Likes

We have a fix for this warning coming out soon.

11 Likes

I personally hate the new top bar and think it should be removed as the old one didn’t have any problems - this just looks like it was rushed last minute to, “modernize” the topbar. When you click the roblox logo it just has a sloppy messy UI that looks like someone made it in MS paint and animated in Windows Movie Maker.

6 Likes

Removing the topbar works fine for me I guess, however, since it’s now transparent would need to be able to get my startermenu elements below it in order for it to not be showing the game in the background while the player is loading in.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m not a fan of the new Topbar. I agree with some of the points already said. I feel that the Graident on the ROBLOX Logo stands out too much, and it should be white like the other icons.

Some of my thoughts:

• I’d love to see :SetTopbarTransparency() returned, as some of my GUIs looked much better with the previous Topbar, as they fit perfectly underneath and used the same colour scheme and translucency.

• Add a way to move the Context Menu button to fit with the icons? I feel that otherwise, it is very obtrusive as many games have GUIs in the same position as the new Context Menu. Speaking of the Context Menu, I’m not a huge fan of it, as I feel that now it requires quite a bit more effort to open the Leaderboard, Backpack, etc… whereas before, all the buttons were in one place, and could be easily accessed.

However, with this being said, I appreciate the attempt to modernise the CoreUI, but this is not the product I was personally hoping for.

7 Likes

Worth mentioning that not all of the UI has been re-done yet. E.g. the new SettingsShield menu hasn’t been released yet.

This is an annoying issue with Roblox’s release structure, but it’s how we end up with ‘half-baked’ ui that doesn’t totally fit in with its surroundings on release (e.g. when the new playerlist released).

@archwann There’s nothing stopping you from adding your own topbar into the inset.

3 Likes

I don not really like this, the roblox logo as a button just does not look right in my opinion.

Edit: image Why is the background of this button not transparent? It looks so wrong with this white background.

5 Likes

Agreed. I really hope they revert it back, it looks so weird and uncomfortable. Please undo this, Roblox.

6 Likes

What happened to this?

This looked so good, with the shadow.

I really dislike the new background based icons. They don’t look good. They don’t fit with my game interface. It looks out of place.

Why can’t we go back to the shadowed icons?

(also why is the emotes button in the right? can’t it be in the left like in the old topbar, makes more sense imo. the new one conflicts with the playerlist – specially if I use a custom one)

16 Likes

Couldn’t be this because of your group and his role?

2 Likes

I can’t replicate this just joining a random game and opening the developer console. This is likely unrelated to the new TopBar but I can try to take a look into this issue. Can you send me a link to this game? Can you also tell me your friends username? Is it a group game that your friend might have access to that way? Does the friend have developer console access in other games?

4 Likes

I like the change, gives the games a nice modern look.

1 Like

The new topbar looks much less open than the old one did (at least if you set the topbar transparency to 1). What happened to this one?

The drop shadows looked really good. I would love if we had a function that allowed us to switch between the big gray boxes around the buttons and drop shadows.

6 Likes

I really like what you have done there!

2 Likes

Dude, they are probably getting a response from the players so they know hwo to update it.

Roblox is updating every UI element one at a time. They’ll probably update the chat later after they’re done with the new menu and top bar.

And also, please don’t be rude. There’s no need for toxicity here.

4 Likes