New In-Game Topbar

Elaborate what a “hamburger icon” is. I’m quite confused what you mean by that.

2 Likes

Can developers/users have the option to use either this one or the old one? i prefer the old one as it is nostalgic and i also like the new one but it is just a bit, well, the ROBLOX icon on the top left could maybe match the size of the chat icon or vice versa

4 Likes

y e s THAT’S WHAT WE NEED!! we need the option to go nostalgic again!

4 Likes

I hope this update can be updated even more after released. What do I mean? I mean like once this is released, they can change this feature up even more. For example, have changeable key binds, have an option to switch back to normal, should be able to move the “panel” and other things like that.

1 Like

Very cool! I’m going to miss the old topbar. I don’t know why, but I feel like the “color scheme” doesn’t feel right. Don’t quote me on it. It’s probably because I’m too used to other types of topbars.

1 Like

Wow thats so cool but like where is the rest of it?

1 Like

What exactly do you mean by “the rest of it”

1 Like

But will there be an update to the menu?

1 Like

It looks pretty empty now at least add a few more things

I really do enjoy how the new top bar looks, I just think the Roblox Icon in the corner is just a bit funky to have there and I think a regular menu icon would work much better with the rest of the top bar, but else it is still pretty good.

This is good! i like it! i can make cutscenes without the game menu cutting the top of the screen

1 Like

What was wrong with the current topbar? I feel like roblox keeps making aesthetic changes instead of changes that could actually benefit the platform that developers are suggesting.

5 Likes

Agreed, They Should Just Keep It The Same

6 Likes

The current topbar covers the upper area of the player’s screen with a non-interactive, 36-pixel tall bar for no real reason. As a mobile user this especially puts a bad stain on gameplay by taking away much-needed screen space, space that could’ve been used for something more helpful like a custom GUI interface.

RobloxScreenShot20200315_225907983

If Roblox is going to scale well on all platforms going forward, changes like these need to be made. With the right criticism and suggestions, this can be a very beneficial improvement to the general Roblox gaming experience. In the end however, aesthetic will always be the developer’s call.

9 Likes

Just the direction it needs to go in. No complaints here. Love the direct keybind controls there too!

4 Likes

I like the new design, it looks more clean then the other one.

1 Like

It will be very disappointing if Roblox ignores this and moves ahead with their original design. Major improvement here.

2 Likes

we didnt really want a top bar in the first place glad they are getting rid of the annoying thing

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion around this, the keybinds are still the same. I am using a different keyboard layout and the displayed key label is based on the keyboard layout you are using. The key you need to press is always in the same physical location.

16 Likes

I like the new modern style you guys are going for but now the Topbar looks too empty compared to the PlayerList, they don’t match at all and therefore I don’t think many players will appreciate this change, however I would like to know if it’s possible to bring back the old CoreUIs? and if yes, how?