New In-Game Topbar

Probably the same as before. By looking at the screenshots.

It’s gonna feel so jarring after having been used to it for so long, but I remember how annoying the top bar felt around the time it was added

It’s gonna feel a bit refreshing to have it gone

3 Likes

I hope disabling the leaderboard/emotes/backpack also disables that button in the corner

3 Likes

Why is the inventory button on the " \ " rather then the " ` " key. It seems like for shooting games and other games that require you to use the arrow keys, these buttons could get in the way of custom keybinds. I say it would be ideal to keep the same button for inventory and use tab for emotes.

1 Like

He has a different keyboard layout.

1 Like

Overall I really like this but the Roblox icon does not look good up there to me. I do enjoy the new chat bubble thing and they health bar! Seems a lot now just to get to your inv you have to open something else up just to see it. I think it will make it frustrating to some mobile players.

Question: Will the chat system ever get revamped? Is It Already? Will We Ever Get Custom Keybinds?

Who uses an iPhone 4S or VGA to play roblox?

3 Likes

Reminds me of the classic in-game layout back in 2014 and earlier. This is honestly way better design than the annoying black topbar (first appeared in like 2016 or 2017). It’s much more visually clearer now whilst feeling like I’m back in old time- except with the modern design!

Nice job.

How about the options button coming into view when you hover your cursor at the corner?

2 Likes

This looks really good compared to the current top bar, it is more modern and fancier and I like the new icons for it too. I’m for sure looking up for the Escape Menu changes too, it seems old and it has not been touched in ages to be honest then a few additional settings.

3 Likes

its not coming to town of lag bomb is it? i had it with the new playerlist

3 Likes

I think so :thinking:
Maybe it’ll make a better rating for Roblox

I prefer the current one, however, I do like how it’s not really in the way anymore.

1 Like

everything is cool. but i think the roblox logo there should be more dark.

2 Likes

This looks promising! I really like the modern and cleaner design. Also is the chat gonna get a revamp too? That would be extremely good! Also if the item hotbars got a redesign it would be even more awesome!

1 Like

is a pc with 8GB, Intel Core i3-9100F 4.2 GHz and Nvidia GTX 1660 4GB VRam gonna run this update because im buying a gaming pc and i dont wanna be setting my pc on fire because of the lag it could cause

1 Like

I don’t think an interface change could affect performance.

3 Likes

oh yes it will it all happened with the abuse of new Roblox updates, 2017 was best year for low ends

1 Like

To be honest, I’m not a big fan of this one.

Sure, it is more futuristic, but I feel like the old topbar is more simple and clean, and I think that the Roblox Logo on the top bar gives the creative away for developers.

The reason why Roblox Studio is made is to make games and experiments and LUA Testing, but just placing the Roblox Logo is saying “Hey, you’re still inside a Roblox, your inside our platform, this isn’t a real game, our platform is controlling your game.” I know most people are fine with the Roblox Platform controlling your game, but it just doesn’t feel like your game is not in your own platform or your very own server.

I’m not saying all games are fake, I was thinking that most games don’t say “We used Roblox to make this!” (even though you used Roblox Studio to make games), but instead is treated like a normal, actual game that isn’t on Roblox and was made from a advanced platform like using JavaScript.

Let’s say if Roblox updates a new function or gets rid of a function, it might destroy or mess up your game. Many old created games have been removed, not functioning, or broken due to Roblox’s upcoming updates. The Logo I believe gives it away that the features are made from Roblox, so Roblox is kind of like the Puppet Master, someone who is controlling all of the games.

I know it wouldn’t make sense to all of you, but I feel like that’s kind of the case.

Conclusion: The Roblox Logo is kind of distracting in gameplay I believe, and does stand proud. However in my opinion, it’s kind of a symbol saying on every game that the game “Is not your own sandbox and Roblox can do whatever they want with the game”.

11 Likes

Question: Where will the Inventory Button be located at? (the backpack icon button from the old topbar)

Will the new topbar look like the Xbox Topbar?
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 1.40.27 PM

5 Likes