New In-Game Topbar

I love how clean this looks, and it makes the player list seem less out of place than before. I also love the fact that it gives developers more space and creative freedom of the top 36 pixels of the screen. I give this update a big :+1:.

5 Likes

Did you read the post? There is a new context menu where you toggle the inventory, leaderboard and emotes, shown in the second picture (unless I misunderstood what you meant).

4 Likes

I just recently started using this so Iā€™m kinda sad to see it go, though, I like this change, itā€™s more clean in my opinion.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t like it and the current one seems fairly modern and doesnā€™t need to be touched. Itā€™s super empty and most people are used to the fact that there is a bar there. The health bar personally doesnā€™t need to change, it looks good as it is.

Basically, I do not think it needs to be changed, maybe do some tweaks but itā€™s good as it is.

8 Likes

In my honest opinion I believe this would be a great update. Itā€™s just the fact that some people may not like it due to the fact that they are so used to the current one. You canā€™t strip away something that has been in the game for years and add something that may initially appear good without backlash from possible older players.

Again I believe this will be a great update, as it gives off a generic more modern ROBLOX look IMO.
Looking forward for this!

1 Like

Donā€™t like this. Maybe just shortening the existing bar to half size and changing the buttons wouldā€™ve done better.

5 Likes

I can begin a rant like I did with the new playerlists and such.

1. Why is it just empty, are you attempting for a better audience?
  2. Is this a platform specific topbar, seems like itā€™d fit Xbox only.
  3. Why a change all of the sudden? Weā€™re used to the old topbar but now weā€™ll be stuck in the new one.
  4. Roblox logo touches screen?
  5. Roblox logo opens another menu, how will new users know this without a gear at the bottom left with it, in matte of course so it is visible.
  6. How will you handle developerā€™s rants like so?
  7. Will you let us change between topbars or are you forcing us to have it like the new playerlist?

In my conclusion, I play ER:LC (hopefully most know what it is) and I always have this specific inventory sort, will we be able to save inventory sorts as slots?

9 Likes

I know that @asimo3089 is hiring an expert UI designer to redo the topbar with this new update.

I believe that it should be an option in game settings (studio) and/or in your client settings. Roblox just wants to force anything out and not give us a choice to yay or nay it.

1 Like

I like this update. Now the player can see more of the game without the annoying grey bar.

1 Like

you mustve been well prepared for this because you will need to keep your developers on roblox

1 Like

Classic thumbstick still exists.

2 Likes

Devs: Ugh! Rage time!
Normal mapmakers and players: YEAH! YEAH!

7 Likes

UI code setting the transparency of the topbar wouldnā€™t necessarily break after the update. When something is deprecated, it just means that it isnā€™t recommended to be used (in this case: there is no need to set the transparency for this new topbar). Obviously, Roblox would leave the method there for backwards compatibility.

1 Like

I bet the Roblox tool/backpack will be next to get redesigned as now it doesnā€™t fit the leaderboard or the top bar.

2 Likes

I think you guys could have done so much better with this, I love the bubbly design you used but before releasing something like this to us, please make sure everything is centered and even. As a OCD, this makes me struggle, that roblox logo is off and makes me want to never play a game with this updated bar. Next time, please make sure everything is correct.

4 Likes

i cannot stress how much I agree with your post. just make everything the same size and ill like it, that roblox logo makes me rather the old one than this one, though i like the other icons.

5 Likes

I donā€™t really like how the roblox icon is like, touching the top of the screen. ![]

2 Likes

I agree with the icon being obnoxious, the icon is too big in proportion to the chat icon.

10 Likes

While its nice to have a refreshing new topbar, my games UI is dependent on the current legacy styling and it would prove quite annoying to switch over if not call for a total restructure/design.

Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s no way to preserve the current legacy topbar and I donā€™t believe its possible to fork the topbar eitherā€¦ oh well, looks nice anyway.

4 Likes

Maybe alot, think that roblox have a big amount of users playing, maybe one of them is using VGA or an iPhone 4

1 Like