New In-Game Topbar

In my opinion I think it looks pretty nice and I know some people with like it but then others won’t. I know people will be hating on it because people were hating on the leader board change so people will most likely be doing the same towards the new top bar.

2 Likes

This is rather refreshing to say the least, I like it so far but… (there’s always a “but” somewhere, aye!)

Two things so far are bugging me:

• Putting the logo as the menu icon (the hamburger icon was fine IMHO, no need to change it :astonished:) and making it disproportionately large compared to the other elements.

• The health bar and the context menu. I hope there will be a way to mask the health bar and move the context menu button (I’ll be using my own health bar, but I’m not going to block off the context menu. )

4 Likes

This new design looks pretty cool and I am glad that (from what I can see) the 13+ indicator seems to have been removed entirely, however there are still some problems.

1. The Roblox logo being the escape menu icon is a tiny bit intrusive because it makes Roblox branding forced on every game, the hamburger icon was much more neutral.

2. we should still have the option to change the topbar transparency, even if the default is transparent.

4 Likes

The newer version of the In-game Top-bar is clean, better and consistent than the old one. I’m happy to see this change coming soon.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, it looks like Roblox is trying to make everything more modern! Just like the new PlayerList to DarkMode to New Group Admin ti amazing more features!

2 Likes

Pretty nice, it’s definitely a more modern design, but it could use some refinements.

The chat should also get a revamp.

1 Like

There isn’t a problem with the design, there isn’t a problem with the placement or anything. There just wasn’t a problem with the prior design. It seemed modern itself, it worked well and looked great. You could have improved the functionality without changing the design. I don’t see why this was needed exactly, it seems like another update that we could have gone without.

3 Likes

Why does inventory get mapped to / ? I don’t want to re-learn how to chat. Is this just for when you open that menu?

1 Like

Keybinds are same. The person in the screenshot is using a different keyboard layout. Nothing has been changed.

5 Likes

it looks a little confusing, but i think people will get the hold of it after a while.

1 Like

The new topbar is great, but I would suggest an update on customizing the menu icon and be able to disable it, so developers could create a custom menu button and add it where ever they want, they could also design the menu screen, settings, etc. This would be very cool and would make roblox games look like they are standalone game.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how many people have already stated this before (not planning on reading through 300 replies), but a giant Roblox logo in the corner doesn’t look all that good. It doesn’t seem to serve any purpose either, yet it is noticably larger than the other topbar icons.

One major thing to note is that the screenshots in the original post are full-screen and do not include any kind of OS related UI, even though it’s important to take operating systems into consideration.
The logo may look just fine on a mobile (side note: it seems like all this new UI is being designed for mobile, which makes sense as it is a large portion of the Roblox player base), but otherwise, you might have the roblox logo annoyingly placed in the corner twice.

Old topbar on a Windows PC:
vs.

New topbar on a Windows PC (representation, not actual image):

7 Likes

Roblox’s CoreScripts can easily detect what device you’re on, so why not make it display as a ‘hamburger’ menu icon (yes that’s what it’s called) on PC/Mac devices and as a roblox icon on mobile devices

6 Likes

You possibly did not read the post. The Roblox Staff had made some examples

Please don’t make mistakes like this now. Thank you for reading

5 Likes

Looks cool, more modern and smaller.

5 Likes

Can’t wait, this looks like a really cool update and would be very useful for games with custom topbars that still want other default coreguis such as the chat and playerlist.

2 Likes

Actually, this is one of the things the Roblox Staff actually contributed something.
In my opinion this new topbar is more accessible and to be honest, the appearance looks more professional.
This is one of the things I really appreciate and hope the Roblox team could make more something like this.
This is a big help to the gamers!

4 Likes

Will we be able to detect mouse input at the top of the screen now?

Would we be able to change the position of the in-game icons?

2 Likes

The new design is awesome. The only changes i would do are to bring back the three lines of the menu and remove the three dots button. I think it’s more efficient if i only need to click two times to play an emote instead of three times.

2 Likes

I don’t like this at all, I totally prefer the old one, this new one just looks and is too complicated.

7 Likes