New In-Game Topbar

This does not make any sense. Gears are not widely used anymore, but the Tools system completely relies on the backpack to work by default. Why would they ever remove this?

Also the backpack was renamed it to “Inventory” so that might be why you didn’t see it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 9.14.59 PM

6 Likes

This is really cool! I like the new design. When is the release date?

1 Like

Hamburger Icon please! Players already have to log into Roblox to play a game, they get a splash screen with the Roblox logo loader and now it’s like Roblox is claiming the development of all games by replacing the Hamburger icon(which is far more modern and a known symbol on mobile) and I’d rather put a group logo there, or a game logo, something that represents the project that we spent hours, days, years working on! Hamburger Icon Please! Rapid changes…It’s soo crazy…Everything else is cool…Glad that 13+ is gone! I got used to designing around the Hamburger, just couldn’t figure out how to change the color of it.

Hoping for a skinnable splash screen and a color changer for the spinning logo. I would like everything to be skinnable actually.

9 Likes

Can’t wait this to get released! :heart:

1 Like

I forgot top bars even existed. Well this is a nice modernized design change.

2 Likes

I like it but it does indeed feel a bit empty

I don’t like that we can’t do Esc-R-Enter to reset quickly. :frowning:

28 Likes

I really hope we can activate shortcuts, like able them in the controls action in the menu.
Hope the menu will be more functional.

3 Likes

Maybe it would be great if the player (only him) can see his age (+13/>13) and of course cant see other’s age, so i remade my illustration:

And for other player option it would be like this:

Except for player image, am not sure if it really fit, or maybe just near the username.

2 Likes

Yes, that true, i was wondering if roblox can release the new ingame top bar, but its not already abled (maybe he can choose which top bar in the game settings in studio), which mean that developers can have time to identify the top bar and do some changes to their games, while the public game is using the old one.

How do I enable this topbar? I am a beta tester.

I’d argue the Roblox logo makes it clear that these are Roblox settings, not game specific settings.

You are able to disable the default loading screen. You can find a tutorial for it on the developer hub under ‘Custom Loading Screen’.

4 Likes

You get it based on where you live in the world. Certain countries/timezones get it earlier than others.

When will Canada get it? It’s still been awhile hope it comes soon maybe someone might know

I don’t know exactly when each region gets the update, but all I know is that not everyone gets it at once. Which timezone in Canada are you located at?

1 Like

Isn’t the new menu only available on mac?

1 Like

No? Where did you see that?
[30 chars]

@KeyboardCombination @OIogist @762_CGE

4 Likes

When would this get realesed so i can customize my game type with it?

1 Like

It looks pretty sleek and modern, I like it.

1 Like