New In-Game Topbar

this didn’t happend with the topbar update

1 Like

I disagree with all people saying that the old topbar looked better, even though I don’t really like the new one as well. IMO it would look much better if the Roblox logo was flat. Also, making a drop-down menu just for 3 buttons is a bad idea. Why not merge it with the Reset/Leave menu button (Roblox icon)?

Also, what the hell is this?
This close button totally doesn’t fit other parts of the UI. It brings me a Windows 10 UI feeling lmao.

Oh, and this button also exists, so why have two buttons for the same action?image

11 Likes

Seems that the buttons are not centered on the topbar, meaning they are touching the bottom of the topbar while giving much space to the top

4 Likes

More like Windows 98.
There’s a lot of wasted UI potential that Roblox just kind of rushed out of. The original UI Topbar redesign looked so much better. I don’t understand why they didn’t just go with that?

6 Likes

the X button when you open up the menu should be rounded to fit with the style of the O Icon background being rounded.

unknown

4 Likes

There is a button in the top right corner now? This is extremely inconvenient for UI space. I’d rather have the topbar back than have buttons in both corners.

15 Likes

Again, it’s a placeholder for the upcoming escp menu.

I Wand to note that the new topbar is very convenient on mobile platforms. the main problems with it range for pc as i feel it’s very incompleted.

Want to know how I really feel? Well… I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed that it looks the way it is. Yes, I know there are many more important things in life. For me it is God. I don’t know what it is for you. But we should have had at least a poll for goodness sake. I’m just asking that you listen to our concerns. We all have valid points. God bless you all! Stay safe!

5 Likes

yea i feel like the flat design than they were going on with the old topbar was more completed

The topbar looks fine overall, but there are a few issues:

• The Roblox icon looks out of place with the other icons, a way to fix this would be to remove the gradient so that the icon is flat instead.
  • If you open the context menu (three dots icon at the right), you can’t interact with the rest of the game at all until you close the menu.
  • The health bar looks too small in my opinion. It should be bigger, like it was previously.

To be honest, the old topbar looked way better, but the new topbar just released so they can still improve it.

Edit: I also have to mention the fact that this breaks the GUIs of so many Roblox games. I don’t think this update is very friendly to developers.

3 Likes

I think many have stated this probably already, but please fix this ugly X icon!

2 Likes

that’s temporary the newer x button will look like this

4 Likes

Overall, I think it looks great, however, the Roblox logo having a gradient looks out of place, it should be all white like the Chat button.

Also, is there a need to require an extra click to activate these with your mouse? Like others have said, I think the new topbar looks kind of empty, and I’d say it’s because all of these are grouped in one tab.

2 Likes

This button does not display if all the items in the menu are disabled. You can fix this by explicitly disabling the EmotesMenu in your specific case.

5 Likes

I got the new Topbar when I joined a game in testing mode on Studio, is the feature out yet or just random times for random people?

I has been released (for now at least *), so yes the feature is out.

*They might revert it like the when they reverted the leaderboard, time will tell if the do so

The lack of consistency with the other Core GUIs are annoying and I created a bug report. CoreGui/Topbar Design Inconsistencies. Besides for these small bugs, great change!

2 Likes

I think the new top bar is very good I think, but it doesn’t fit in with the “esc menu”. I think the roblox icon in the top left should be the old ‘Hamburger’ icon.

1 Like

I started testing with the new TopBar and I will say that the new Roblox TopBar is good but has some problems.

I made this list of things that I like from the new TopBar and things that I don’t like.

Things I like:
Modern Design.
No more gray bar on the top of the screen. (More space for GUIs on Games)
More friendly for mobile users.

Things I don’t like:
The Gladient on the Roblox Logo.
The chat and inventory doesn’t fit with the design.

In my opinion, the new TopBar is fine but needs to be polished a bit more.

2 Likes