New In-Game Topbar

I think It’s cool but what if a game allows a inventory but no emotes. I think before it was fine.

5 Likes

what’s your point?
I liked the black line, you could even set the transparency yourself

this update isn’t cool

4 Likes

I’m all for it. But gosh, that Roblox logo looks weird.

6 Likes

It’s alright, I guess.
But why is there a large logo in the top left? It should be proportional to the other icons, or if it has to be, a tad larger. The hamburger icon was fine, it wouldn’t take long to touch it up to fit the new theme.

However, I do like the new modern look as it’ll complement the leaderboard update quite well.

7 Likes

Pretty great change looking clean to, can’t wait to see this implemented into Roblox Games thanks for doing this.

3 Likes

I’d type up a lengthy response if I had the time to do so, but I dislike the idea of the Roblox icon being the escape menu button because it feels really out of place. The burger icon fits much better in my opinon.

16 Likes

I don’t really like the way this looks, I don’t see a point in having the logo “on” the top bar and it just feels too… empty overall. I think it would be nice to have an option to enable or disable this.

5 Likes

Eh… I hated how one could not remove the menu button and stuff, but now it looks even worse… At least the old icons had some aesthetic, these looks so ugly and even more noticeable. Especially the large, in your face Roblox logo in the corner.

10 Likes

I think the settings panel is actually on the other side of the screen now rather than being the ROBLOX icon.

I think the idea of putting the ROBLOX Icon there to be annoying in general, regardless of if it actually does something.

7 Likes

Why does it say “Leaderboard” when it is just a player list in most games?

Also, does the health bar seem to be getting smaller?

3 Likes

The Roblox Icon opens the settings menu, the more button at the right of the screen opens the game context menu which includes the leaderboard, emotes and inventory options.

17 Likes

I love this! I’m excited to be able to get rid of the bar across the top without losing the built-in chat buttons. Can’t wait until it’s live!

13 Likes

Good decision made by the Roblox staff team. I love how the Roblox logo is now up there in the game bar, makes it feel a lot more upgraded and modern, same being applied with the healthbar. Having less screen space obstructed will really help aid in games being more immersive for the players. Thank you for this.

2 Likes

The Roblox logo would not fit for a settings icon.

18 Likes

Thats an amazing update!..
All No GUI games are now going to be beautiful! That hamburger menu button was weird

4 Likes

This will be a Good Update,But will there be a new Game Menu?

2 Likes

I like this entire update, but I’ve one issue:

The way Roblox gives its developers the freedom to express their content is really great.
Although that may be true, some things remain locked away from us. Such as the option to modify Core-GUI.

This would be useful for any developer, be it an intermediate or beginner, for them to be able to integrate the UI with their own. Perhaps their aesthetics as well.

10 Likes

I like it, but is the size different to the current menu icon? I’ve got a UI element to contain the menu icon in my game, and need to know if it will need changing or not:

10 Likes

Would this become a feature where we have the ability to remove / allow this or will it just be the new top bar; no going back to a previous version (a bit like lighting).

3 Likes

Edited to include staff responses so you don’t have to read through the tons of repetitive posts to find it

Question:
Using the company logo as a settings icon is terrible UX because there’s absolutely no indication of what it does. It’s a lame plug at the expense of good UI. Why do this?

Response:

Question:
What are the positions of these new icons? Anyone who used .IgnoreGuiInset for their Guis might need to adjust for these changes. “36 pixels tall” doesn’t help us when we need to know how far along the X axis we have to move our objects. (Like @ClockworkSquirrel’s UI)

Response:

waiting on response…

16 Likes