New In-Game Topbar

I think they did say that they would change the background UI’s being able to overlay the topbar. So you don’t need to change the topbar transparency.

1 Like

The hamburger icon is misleading. This will make people think that it’s the actual Reset/Leave menu.

1 Like

It will be something to get used to, but in my opinion it looks better than the three dots icon.

EDIT: If wanted you could easily replace the icon.

3 Likes

The size of the health bar can be very problematic for games that heavily utilize it. I think it should be somewhat larger, but other than that I think this update is pretty nice.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a large issue when it comes to trying to input a camera sensitivity below 1. I normally keep mine there due to general movement being too quick for me at times (as I have my mouse DPI at 1000), however, now once I try to input something <1, it doesn’t alter my camera sensitivity.

Although the number shows up, no matter if I have it at 0.99 or 0.065, it’s the exact same sensitivity. This number also does not save upon rejoining, as it resets back to 0 when I keep it at a sub 1 number. This will be problematic for me, as I’ll have to lower my DPI and find a new sensitivity in many games just to suit my needs. While this isn’t the largest of issues (when it comes to the amount of players this effects), it’s something that shouldn’t have been removed, if intentional.

2 Likes

I’m really proud that ROBLOX is trying to spice the GUI’s up a bit, it’s really making me much more proud that I’m a ROBLOX Developer.

But the GUI’s simply don’t fit the games theme, they look really rushed, and empty. I suggest adding a little more to the new UI’s and making them look much more professional ; in a sense. The UI’s aren’t even scaled properly. Step up your game ROBLOX.

5 Likes

I want the old topbar back! ;-;

9 Likes

i agree with NidBahn , i think the three dots fits more.

Updated it to something like what you are talking about.

9 Likes

Yeah it looks a bit better but i still like the current icons more (tho i love your icons too).

i think your icons could fit more “cartoony” games but the current icons can honestly fit much games.

2 Likes

Yea of course, the icons I used was simply to get my point across.

1 Like

The new esc menu is hurting my fps BADLY.

Ew… this is clearly rushed. Take a look at this button. Dosen’t fit the theme whatsoever. It’s a basic square button. Come on Roblox. You are better than this

rushed

12 Likes

Wow, might as well add a Frame, Border thickness to 0, Background to white, text as X, and change the font to match

Yeah. Even an average UI designer would do better than this.

1 Like

It’s rounded on my screen, yours probably hasn’t updated.

Nonetheless I am not a fan of this new change at all especially since I have to redo my UI, hope we can at least make the backdrops behind the icons transparent for more customizability:

2 Likes

Oh i see, thanks for letting me know lol. I did rejoin a few times. Must be having issues then.

In general, i like the top bar. They just need to make a few ajustments. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just got it, I think it’s a little better than the old one.

1 Like

I agree but I don’t like the restriction of customization especially when some games’ UI are dependent on default UI like the top bar. They should definitely make the backdrops customizable with transparency

3 Likes

I really like the design and layout of the features on the new escape menu, though it feels like it’s lacking a fly in animation like the old one, I’m sure there are lots of cool slide in from the lefts which could have been done, it just feels a tad incomplete with no animation. All the options in the menu slide in really nicely, so why not the menu its self?

I really wish the buttons could be centred or full height in the top bar area.

Really messes up my customisation, means I’ll have less vertical space if I over compensate on the bottom for symmetry :confused:

In future it would be nice if we could be provided with a copy of the GUI ahead of changes so we can better plan our own UI changes with the updates.

3 Likes