New In-Game Topbar

I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve seen some bugs on other devices, such as laptops. But with all that aside, it’s good to see a new change.

1 Like

It’s okay… I liked how it was before it’s kind of a pain opening that thing all the time. Otherwise the update looks good!

That is better no need to fill the whole screen with GUI stuff

When the bug is active all the roblox’s key binds don’t work and everything except the playerlist is invisible i think or it hasn’t created.

I’d like to choose which we prefer in the menu, people that are from >2018 are probably used to the old one, and have trouble with the new one.

This has been discussed before. It’s impractical for Roblox to maintain two separate versions of their topbar, especially when their old topbar uses old design systems and has outdated architecture.

People will adjust to the new topbar, just as people adjusted to the topbar when it was first added.

7 Likes

I agree with that.
Maybe the New GUI isn’t perfect. But with our feedbacks and suggestions, they could improve it and make it better and making some adjustments.

3 Likes

I’ve had this problem too. To fix it, I have to restart Roblox which is very annoying.

1 Like

It appears that they have updated the menu close button to be rounded, and while it is definitely a step up from before, it still appears very janky and it’s off by a few pixels.

It might be too early to judge due to the new menu not having arrived yet, but I still propose that they should at least animate the close button and make it more consistent, like so:

(buttons scaled up for clarity)

16 Likes

Your concept is much nicer than the one Roblox created. Being faithful to the previous design, I’m pretty much used to it already. I honestly don’t like how the buttons are much smaller and how the Roblox logo just doesn’t blend in all to well.

It’s another one of those things where “If it’s not broke, fix it

I really like the animation/transition between the Logo and the close button. I was also wondering if they are going to add an animation to the opening of the new menu.

2 Likes

Since the new menu takes up the left portion of the screen, I could see it having an animation of it coming out from the left when it’s opened, and it just going back off screen when closed. It’ll certainly look better then just popping in from nowhere.

3 Likes

It’s would be very useless to do so

It is all fun and games till your try to make a main menu and you have a giant hole above it :frowning:

1 Like

I think it would be great if we could personalize the top bar to the way it looks best for our games. Change icons, colours, animations, etc…

3 Likes

You can use ScreenGui.IgnoreGuiInset to fix that. The topbar is 36 pixels tall.

1 Like

I dont have the new esc menu on this account. I have other accounts with the new esc menu so it looks like itss like region based but all of the accounts are in the US so what is wrong??

It’s not region-based. It’s A/B testing - some accounts will get it while others will not.

2 Likes

I can see why, Theres no tweening or transition and the mini control panel on the top right corner is not correctly positioned to the leaderboard.

Why haven’t I gotten the new ESC menu yet? It’s been 2 months since I got the new topbar why is everyone else getting it now and I still havent

1 Like