New In-Game Topbar

Please read above, you are still part of the AB test, it will come to you eventually.

I’ve been waiting for along time and ALL of my friends have it now

This does not change the fact that you are still in the AB test.

2 Likes

I know it’s AB Testing, but even if that’s the case I wonder why it’s been in testing for so long.

1 Like

They’re likely collecting data and making constant tweaks. Additionally, they’re likely working on multiple projects at once (meaning UI changes take a month or two from AB to 100%)

1 Like

My opinions:
In my opinion, this update is pretty cool. It gives a fresh look to the Roblox in-game toolbar. Of course, we will miss the old toolbar but this definitely is an awesome update. My favourite part is the leader board it’s so clean and smooth. Regardless of what others think, this is an amazing update!

2 Likes

I got the top bar a month ago my friends got all of it like almost 3 months ago or something like that

1 Like

Hey. I think it is because your have a different device causing it to update later or you done the update after.

Issue with the new menu - The popup to confirm reset character still shows even if the button is disabled if you press R. It doesn’t actually reset, though.

7 Likes

I don’t have the new settings menu for when you click escape yet. Anyone know why?

1 Like

It’s being rolled out over time to people, but you can try to access roblox core scripts so you can access the new menu early.

1 Like

Great feature, those ugly black top bars are now gone which gives developers a way to make their game feel more alive and have more screen to play with!

Great feature, especially for mobile players too, because now developers have a way to put buttons at the top which once again helps it a lot! So thanks for improving the platform as always! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I Agree How There Should Be More Customisation. I Preferred the older Icon as it symbolised The Menu.

1 Like

how I wanna know tho because I really wanna get it

It’s being rolled out to certain people first for some reason.

If you want to view it in studio though, you certainly can by doing these steps:

I’m assuming your on a WIndows computer, though.

1. Go to the “desktop folder”
  2. Roblox studio should be there. RIght click it.
  3. Select the newest version
  4. Go to the Extra Content folder, then go into ExtraContent, then scripts, then CoreScripts, and then Modules.
  5. Open isNewInGameMenuEnabled.lua with Notepad or any code editor
  6. The sixth line should have game:DefineFastString("NewInGameMenuForcedUserIds", "")
  7. Put your UserId in the extra quotations.
  8. If you need more, just change the quotations to “id, id, id” and so on.

Unfortunately, you cannot repeat these steps for the roblox player, it won’t work at all, you will have to wait.

1 Like

I would love if you were able to add custom shortcuts under this drop down menu image
If you have something like a map you could list it as a shortcut if you press M
Or if you create custom backpack/inventory & Leaderboard & still want to list & access it via this drop down menu. Since disabling the default also removes it from this drop down menu.

4 Likes

I still would also like a way to disable said menu completely whilst keeping the backpack enabled.

1 Like

How do you propose for people to be able to open or close the inventory (the larger part of the backpack)?

The shortcut key used to open it, or a custom button with the same functionality.

Well, the New In-Game Topbar dosent work for me

to me is the old Topbar.

1 Like