New In-Game Topbar

thats weird.
do you mean menu?
if it is the menu make sure:

• you are not using studio
  • you are not using the microsoft windows 10 version

else i donno try making a bug report

2 Likes

I like it, but an option to change TopBarTransparency would be nice. It made some of my loading screens look wonky.

2 Likes

I suggest you to change the GUI screenā€™s color into a darker color so itā€™s cannot be seen easily.

That forces games to do something that might not fit well with their style.

I agree with you, many GUI designers try to make their game fits with this feature. The good thing about it is that it gives to the Developer more space. However, it could break their style like a cartoony game for example. So it is possible to add transparency, but some environment are too bright to see the top bar.

That shouldnā€™t matter. It should be up to the developer when it comes to how the topbar is displayed. At the end of the day it looks more like a watermark.

1 Like

We will fix this, thanks for your report.

6 Likes

I was thinking about something. Are they gonna add an animation to the menu when itā€™s open or closed and a transition between the logo and the close menu button?

1 Like

Sighs, still havenā€™t gotten the menuā€¦

Sadly me tooā€¦ :sad: (hopefully we get it soon)

1 Like

Iā€™ve been waiting for almost 4 months I think

1 Like

I think this new top bar looks great but I think the ā€œRoblox-Logoā€ should be minimized a bit more. I also think it would be great to add an option to make the top bar completely invisible/hidden, this would be toggled by hotkey. Well, anyways all and all the new top bar looks greatšŸ™‚

1 Like

The settings tab looks extremely crowded and takes longer to look through, last UI was simple but large, this is small and crowded, making information less swallowable by the normal Roblox player in my opinion.

I feel like having the roblox logo as the settings is a bit odd, a may confuse some people.

1 Like

Apparently thereā€™s a way to get the old topbar in studio by messing with some FFlags.
You can also get the old player list.

1 Like

You can only do this in studio and there are some risks when tinkering with FFlags. Itā€™s probably better for you to just stick with the old topbar and playerlist (especially considering the flags will be removed in a few weeks).

Well better make copies of the old topbar core scripts then for my old topbar lua port

2 Likes

Is there a way to disable the controls button in the top right corner as it feels clunky and overlays some of my existing UI, both the button itself and contents when opened.

The only way to is to disable emotes, backpack, and the leaderboard. The only way to have them is to have a custom one.

Edit: I donā€™t think custom emotes is possible.

1 Like

Iā€™m really looking forward to the new escape menu rolling out to everyone, is there going to be a release date for it? I hope it hasnā€™t been forgotten about!