New In-Game Topbar

Whenever I played other games like Roblox island, the top-bar wasn’t been able to load, it shows up like this.

4 Likes

Rejoin. It sometimes happen.
(30chars)

1 Like

A great topbar, but the old one miss me…

The new topbar sometimes takes forever to load that my custom topbar buttons load faster than the topbar and player list itself.

They do eventually load in but little confusing on how ScreenGui’s you’ve made can load faster than Roblox’s own topbar.

I would think that they are no longer working on it. I kind of liked the new menu better than the old one.

2 Likes

We kind of got used to the topbar lol! I didn’t like it at first but now I don’t really care.

1 Like

i dont even see the point of this, nobody complained about the previous topbar, as a matter of fact it kinda ruins my game because i have my own icons to match the old ones and now i have to make whole new top bar or deal with it, there are many things all of us would rather be changed insted of something that noone complained about

3 Likes

I hated it the most when the topbar was taking the whole screen, I liked it the best when the icons had backgrounds without the topbar being visible, i dont really like it when its almost invisible

1 Like

My only request for this is to change the transparency of this:

2 Likes

i still have the old top bar until now

1 Like

I don’t know if this is good, but I made a prototype of the UI, but instead of being a top bar, it’s a lower bar.

I think that it looks pretty clean just like the current one, and I also based myself on the 2011 UI that was really cool.

6 Likes

I like this update. The only confusing thing now is how to go about collapsing the playerlist- pressing the button collapses chat, but not the same for leaderboard.

Also, I think this should’ve been addressed ages ago, but the healthbar is very hard to see. Light green on light grey, especially without the black top bar now, is very hard to notice.

Maybe make the bar longer/ thicker to be more noticeable? It’s far too subtle right now

6 Likes

It’s good but thats where many games put their health bar already

1 Like

I agree with this. Mobile players find it hard to play when they can’t see half of the screen.

4 Likes

The current is my history of the In-Game top bar. Here it is!

11 Likes

I second this opinion. It has been about 5 months now, nearing 6, and the issues that you’ve spoken of still remain, which I feel worried about.

I completely agree about the resizing of the icons. It just looks awful, with all due respect. I also dislike the gradient of the logo when in juxtaposition with the flat design of the rest of the new topbar.

On a similar note, I feel that Roblox should align the [X] on the escape menu with the mentioned 30px logo. It is just so off-centered, and you could see the difference clearly when toggling the escape menu.

image image

And again, to reiterate, the I agree about uselessness of the sub-menu at the top-right. It doesn’t make sense to have a whole other button at the top-right to just have two other buttons when opened up. If it were for instructional purposes, it’d still be useless due to the Help tab in the escape menu. The keybinds are already shown there.

However, it seems that the sub-menu also serves to apparently open the leaderboard and the inventory. It’s absolutely needless, because again it’s just two buttons nested within a single button, it should really be at the top-left where it was initially.

I hope Roblox considers your and my opinion on this and fixes it. There hasn’t been a response in a while.

6 Likes

I love this new feature keep up the good work!

1 Like

This reply is a little late, it was released on March 13th…

2 Likes

Ok sorry for the late responce

1 Like

i dont like this at all. looks too boring. i liked the 2015 one better

6 Likes