[New KPIs and Lower Enrollment] Announcing the Analytics Dashboard - Measure, Track, & Make Data-Driven Decisions

Support! Likes/dislikes would be very nice, even though they could definitely be improved as a feedback metric. As mentioned, I had issues with Console’s interface being very buggy which was causing my game to receive almost a 50% like rating for days straight. This was during a sponsor for PC & Console, so it makes sense that the new like rating was even worse than before.

I released a fix for this on February 6th, and using Rolimon’s, a third-party analytics site for Roblox, I was able to see how my fix improved ratings after drastically. Having this on the Analytics Dashboard would’ve made this easier for me since I could have a further breakdown of platforms/languages, which third-party websites currently cannot provide.

3 Likes

Thanks for additional info @LowPolys & @Evercyan! Understood that Likes will be a key factor to attract new players. There is other info like impressions of your game from various channels (search, recommendation, etc.), the traffic to your game’s homepage from each channel, the conversion rate to gameplay. Basically the user acquisition funnel. How do you weigh this info compared to Likes/Dislikes?

Would other engagement info on your homepage like # of favorites, follow, social link click throughs, etc. as valuable as Likes or not as much?

4 Likes

You can continue to use custom events with the Lua API and query on PlayFab as before. There’s no changes here. If you’re talking about newly enrolled games, we’ll consider it in the future.

Integration custom queries with Creator Dashboard is on our future roadmap, probably will take a while to get there.

2 Likes

The monetization metrics are WIP. We may not be able to offer the top selling items at first, but hopefully in the near future. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

We are investigating it, and understand it’s pretty important. However, we only have a small team and have to prioritize the most valuable features first. I think we eventually will add this but not sure when at this moment.

2 Likes

I think traffic source is actually one of the most important metrics that’s missing, like search, home & discover sorts (Sponsored/Popular Among Premium/Top Earning (now ‘Suggested’)), external traffic, etc.

Understanding the traffic source for our experiences is crucial to know where our users are coming from. For example, if our game suddenly has a tenfold increase in players over the weekend, we’d have to guess and figure it out on our own. I’ve had a couple of developers see dramatic increases in players, and it takes them a while to figure out that a popular influencer made a video on their game.

A couple of third-party sites are able to tell us where our game is on Discover sorts (RoMonitor, currently limited to the topmost games), or how our game is performing player/revenue-wise (RoTrack, gets our game’s position on the Popular/Top Earning sorts), but they can’t possibly get deeper information like external & game page impressions & sources.

My primary use-case for understanding likes/dislikes change over time is to understand how healthy the experience of the users are, and how they are responding to recent updates. It’s known that they aren’t all too accurate in actually portraying the quality of a game, but are greater as a metric for how the user perceived the game. For example, ‘difficulty obbies’ typically have an awful ratio of <60% due to the challenging nature of these games. But I believe they can also be used for resolving gameplay issues (such as the ones stated previously) and feelings of a game over time as it evolves.

For other engagement information listed, I can’t really see many of them being useful. I do find the idea of favorites being tracked nice, but I can’t think of much we’d actually get from this metric, at least compared to likes/dislikes. I’m not sure if it exists, if it does I haven’t seen it, but exposing the amount of followers to developers could be useful to see how interested a user might be in announcements.

6 Likes

Thx for the clarification! We’ll bring this back to our prioritization discussion

2 Likes

Have y’all had any thoughts on incorporating AB testing into the analytics system?

1 Like

This is amazing, great update! :+1:

3 Likes

That’s our future consideration. Probably won’t be available any time soon.

Hey

I don’t have the regular role to make a feature request, but maybe it could just become part of the analytics dashboard

Following games has been a thing for years now and we still have no metric regarding how many followers our game has and over what period of time, is that a planned feature for the future?

Thx for the feedback. Can you explain what actions you could potentially take once having the data?

It’s just a nice thing to know really,
There’s no real reason to have it as part of the analytics dashboard specifically (in terms of making data driven decisions) - but it seems like it’d be a good idea to concentrate all of the game related stats there eventually

we currently have no data regarding how many followers we actually have, we can only get a very rough estimation based on how many views the update announcement gets, which is probably very inaccurate due to people simply not looking at the notification (I know I don’t)

It’s definitely not a priority - just a nice data to have to give you better estimation of how many people are generally interested in future updates

1 Like

Hi developers,

We are excited to introduce a new Group permission - “View group experience analytics”, which allows you to control who can see your analytics data.

Many experiences are developed by a team and organized through Roblox Groups. Currently anyone who has the “Create and edit group experiences” permission can view both the standard analytics dashboard (if your experience is enrolled) and developer stats page. However, lots of KPIs are sensitive information, such as your revenue, that you as the experience owner may not want everyone to see. To address this challenge, we added a new permission on Group Settings so that you can only turn it on to certain roles such as your administrator. Please note that this permission is independent of the game edit permission, which means members who only have the view analytics permission won’t be able to edit your game and vice versa.

Actions Needed

The permission is by default off for all roles except the owner. To give other members access, go to Groups, select the one we’d like to configure, click the “…” on the top right and choose “Configure Group”, and then navigate to the “Roles” tab. Please note only group owners are allowed to do such operations. You can either turn it on for either the existing roles or creating a new role.

This is a small yet meaningful step for us to offer granular controls for your development and operations. We’ll continue to make progress towards this direction. Feel free to leave any feedback you have.

To better security,
The Roblox Creator Services Team

Update on 3/22/2022

Please note your group role need to have the “Create and edit group experiences” permission to list the group in Creator Dashboard, and the “View group experience analytics” to view the analytics pages, i.e. you need both permissions to access the analytics dashboard. We understand this is not ideal and are working with the Creator Dashboard team to have a better permission control system.

13 Likes

It took me 4 days to find this announcement, I thought analytics were broken and filed a ticket :smile:

3 Likes

Is this meant to work now? I’m unable to access two groups I have access to - one on an alternate account, and one on my main.

I’m told I have the “View group experience analytics” permission for this account. Developer Stats & Creator Dashboard don’t seem to work properly. They have the Analytics Dashboard enabled.

Page: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/2835932194/stats
Group: Purple Diamond Studio - Roblox

Doesn’t appear here either:

1 Like

Sorry about that. Pls let us know if there’s a better way to notify you for updates like this.

1 Like

Are you unable to see the Purple Diamond Studio group in the Creator Dashboard dropdown?

1 Like

Correct - only myself and two groups that I own.

SHAREX_1647892881

No dropdown on the game’s page to access the old Developer Stats either.

A lot of bots tend to track new posts being made under the announcement categories, and as a result new announcements are surfaced to a lot of developers extremely quickly (I almost exclusively rely on discord bots for this).

When there’s a new update for stuff like this, perhaps announce it in a new thread instead of doing it as a reply, and then linking the new thread as a reply? Doing it exclusively as a reply relies on everyone having notifications for all replies enabled, which - almost no one does.

5 Likes