New Selection Object

I’d really like some kind of response from the dev team regarding this :confused:

7 Likes

Support ; we need this ; it would also allow awesome effects for enchanted weapons in fantasy games :smiley:

I want to use this for my in-game object highlight/selection

1 Like

I need this badly :sweat_smile:

SUPPORT!

This would be so useful!

1 Like

This along with making it viewable through parts and you get this

3 Likes

Yes please! Support

I’ve wanted this feature for a long time.

In @wravager’s picture, there is no outline around the soldier’s right arm, which, in Roblox, would be a separate Part from his Torso. To achieve this, maybe this SilhouetteAdornment should also be parent-able to a Model such that all children will share the same outline.

5 Likes

Well, yeah, isn’t that already shown in OP?

1 Like

Oh, yeah. It didn’t register. I see Fractality mentioned this as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Support

I would most definitely be happy with an update like this.

Support

As said before in this thread,

My primary use-case for this would be most definitely player x-ray.
I have a game in development that has a character with a special ability to see enemies through walls. Within the current roblox toolset, this is actually quite hard to accomplish without completely wrecking performance.

For RTS-like games this also has a use-case, where if you select an item, this silhouette would surround the object, notifying you of the selection.

There are a lot of uses but these are the most important for me

4 Likes

Support! Would love to see this feature in Roblox!

Support

Support!

###More examples
Green outline and surface highlight over ship:

Create bones in model, set AlwaysOnTop=true, and set white surface highlight to achieve x-ray effect:

Or red for thermal:

Highlight weak points:

Draw attention to points of interest:

Surface/outline for square box and surface alwaysontop=true for wire/pipe thing:

11 Likes

Definite support, and would love to hear some feedback about this from staff

2 Likes

Enemy highlighting

4 Likes