New Selfie Mode Developer Module

This is a nice module, definitely. Unfortunately tho, it never turns Chat.BubbleChatEnabled back on as the :enable() function checks if the service property is true and not self.bubbleChatEnabled. This makes the old bubble chat turn on (if it wasn’t overwritten with an empty script).

1 Like

Heya, Quick Question really.

If I implemented this into my game will this go through blocks or will it collide with it? Just as I’d like to keep some areas of my game for me and my satfc’s eyes only. Not for members of the public.

Another question is, is will this effect my players performance and just general experience?

Thank you!

Noice feature! :smiley:
I wanna see it in game!

I think you can change the color of the button by setting the CameraButtonIcon
It doesn’t seem like you can turn off the Roblox logo, but you can turn off the text saying it was taken in your game with ExperienceNameOverlayEnabled

What kind of exploits? We are talking about hiding UI here. You will not get any benifits if this could be broken.

1 Like

We can look into this! We do remove usernames from the screenshot but we’ll have to speak with the safety team about the menu button.

4 Likes

Please let me know if this will be looked into. Thank you!

I am having the same issue as you where dying with this module enabled on mobile breaks the movement and other core ui. @bagel_enthusiast1 Please let us know if this is being looked into.

What type of device were you on? or was this in studio?

1 Like

Anyone can make any of our developer modules! We just pre-code some fun features for any developer to easily include! And provide customization to fit your experiences :slight_smile:

I was on PC, both in studio and in the published experience. However I just tried it in the published experience and seems to be working now, but studio does still show it. However I dont really care about studio, so it looks like its all good as far as the mouse pointer is concerned. Still would like the Roblox icon hidden in the screen shot itself and events to know when the mode is entered and exited. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah i noticed after using the selfie the bubble chat isn’t enabled anymore. How do we enable it?

1 Like

I’m experiencing this too in both Studio and on a real device. It’s common enough that the game becomes unplayable unless I disable it

When a player on mobile resets they lose their virtual joystick along with the jump button. This happens 100% of the time on the selfie demo place as well. Caused me a great deal of headache diagnosing this bug when I integrated this module into my game and players complained about losing their mobile controls. I’ll have to remove the module in the mean time.

5 Likes

Haha! Not an important feature, but looks pretty fun to play around. I’ll definitely be checking it out!

Apologies for the time spent on debugging this on your ends! The good news is we’ve updated Selfie Mode with the following bugfixes:

1. Mobile UI should no longer wind up in a disabled state from character reset
  2. Bubble chat should no longer get stuck in a disabled state
  3. In a submenu on gamepad, pressing B will now return to the main list of actions instead of closing out of Selfie Mode entirely

You can download the latest version here: Selfie Mode [Dev Module] - Roblox

@pettyreup @NateMob1 @Dued1 @outofbearspace

4 Likes

Can we get a BindableEvent for “OnSelfieTaken”?

This is planned but I don’t currently have a timeline I can share

3 Likes

All seems to be working better now except for bubble chat. If you respawn while the screenshot hud is open bubble chat gets disabled

3 Likes

Thank you so much, this fixed it for me.

2 Likes